On Infinite Horizon Optimal Stopping of General Random Walk
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jukka Lempa, 2008. "On infinite horizon optimal stopping of general random walk," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 67(2), pages 257-268, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Luis H. R. Alvarez, 2001. "Reward functionals, salvage values, and optimal stopping," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 54(2), pages 315-337, December.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergei Levendorski&icaron;, 2007.
"Practical Guide To Real Options In Discrete Time,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(1), pages 311-342, February.
- Sergey Levendorskiy & Svetlana Boyarchenko, 2004. "Practical guide to real options in discrete time," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 137, Society for Computational Economics.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergei Levendorskii, 2005. "Practical guide to real options in discrete time II," Finance 0501014, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergei Levendorskii, 2004. "Practical guide to real options in discrete time," Papers cond-mat/0404106, arXiv.org.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergei Levendorskii, 2004. "Practical guide to real options in discrete time," Finance 0405016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- L. Alili & A. E. Kyprianou, 2005. "Some remarks on first passage of Levy processes, the American put and pasting principles," Papers math/0508487, arXiv.org.
- Dayanik, Savas & Karatzas, Ioannis, 2003. "On the optimal stopping problem for one-dimensional diffusions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 173-212, October.
- Asmussen, Søren & Avram, Florin & Pistorius, Martijn R., 2004. "Russian and American put options under exponential phase-type Lévy models," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 79-111, January.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Ernesto Mordecki, 2002. "Optimal stopping and perpetual options for Lévy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 473-493.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Flavia Barsotti, 2012. "Optimal Capital Structure with Endogenous Default and Volatility Risk," Working Papers - Mathematical Economics 2012-02, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Zbigniew Palmowski & Jos'e Luis P'erez & Kazutoshi Yamazaki, 2020. "Double continuation regions for American options under Poisson exercise opportunities," Papers 2004.03330, arXiv.org.
- Boyarchenko, Svetlana & Levendorskii[caron], Sergei, 2007.
"Optimal stopping made easy,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 201-217, February.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergey Levendorskiy, 2004. "Optimal stopping made easy," Finance 0410016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leippold, Markus & Vasiljević, Nikola, 2017.
"Pricing and disentanglement of American puts in the hyper-exponential jump-diffusion model,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 78-94.
- Markus LEIPPOLD & Nikola VASILJEVIC, 2015. "Pricing and Disentanglement of American Puts in the Hyper-Exponential Jump-Diffusion Model," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 15-08, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Mar 2015.
- Boyarchenko, Svetlana & Levendorskii, Sergei, 2010. "Optimal stopping in Levy models, for non-monotone discontinuous payoffs," MPRA Paper 27999, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luis H. R. Alvarez & Teppo A. Rakkolainen, 2006.
"A Class of Solvable Optimal Stopping Problems of Spectrally Negative Jump Diffusions,"
9, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Luis H. R. Alvarez E. & Pekka Matomaki & Teppo A. Rakkolainen, 2013. "A Class of Solvable Optimal Stopping Problems of Spectrally Negative Jump Diffusions," Papers 1302.4181, arXiv.org.
- Shi, Zhan, 2019. "Time-varying ambiguity, credit spreads, and the levered equity premium," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(3), pages 617-646.
- Jonas Al-Hadad & Zbigniew Palmowski, 2020. "Perpetual American options with asset-dependent discounting," Papers 2007.09419, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2021.
- Kleinert, Florian & van Schaik, Kees, 2015. "A variation of the Canadisation algorithm for the pricing of American options driven by Lévy processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 125(8), pages 3234-3254.
- Chuancun Yin & Yuzhen Wen & Zhaojun Zong & Ying Shen, 2013. "The first passage time problem for mixed-exponential jump processes with applications in insurance and finance," Papers 1302.6762, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2014.
- Christensen, Sören & Irle, Albrecht, 2009. "A note on pasting conditions for the American perpetual optimal stopping problem," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 349-353, February.
- Gapeev Pavel V. & Rodosthenous Neofytos, 2013. "Perpetual American options in a diffusion model with piecewise-linear coefficients," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 30(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Boyarchenko, Svetlana & Levendorskii, Sergei, 2008. "Exit problems in regime-switching models," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 180-206, January.
- R. Stockbridge, 2014. "Discussion of dynamic programming and linear programming approaches to stochastic control and optimal stopping in continuous time," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 77(1), pages 137-162, January.
- Neofytos Rodosthenous & Hongzhong Zhang, 2020. "When to sell an asset amid anxiety about drawdowns," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 1422-1460, October.
- Hongzhong Zhang, 2018. "Stochastic Drawdowns," World Scientific Books, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., number 10078, June.
- Chi, Yichun, 2010. "Analysis of the expected discounted penalty function for a general jump-diffusion risk model and applications in finance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 385-396, April.
- Michael C. Fu & Bingqing Li & Guozhen Li & Rongwen Wu, 2017. "Option Pricing for a Jump-Diffusion Model with General Discrete Jump-Size Distributions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 63(11), pages 3961-3977, November.
- Robert Elliott & Leunglung Chan, 2004. "Perpetual American options with fractional Brownian motion," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 123-128.
- Ning Cai & Wei Zhang, 2020. "Regime Classification and Stock Loan Valuation," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 68(4), pages 965-983, July.
- Long, Mingsi & Zhang, Hongzhong, 2019. "On the optimality of threshold type strategies in single and recursive optimal stopping under Lévy models," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 129(8), pages 2821-2849.
More about this item
KeywordsGeneral random walk; optimal stopping; minimal functions; continuous pasting;
All these keywords.
- G35 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Payout Policy
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ETS-2006-07-28 (Econometric Time Series)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tkk:dpaper:dp3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/tukkkfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Susmita Baulia (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/tukkkfi.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.