Optimal stopping in Levy models, for non-monotone discontinuous payoffs
We give short proofs of general theorems about optimal entry and exit problems in Levy models, when payoff streams may have discontinuities and be non-monotone. As applications, we consider exit and entry problems in the theory of real options, and an entry problem with an embedded option to exit.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steven R. Grenadier, 2002. "Option Exercise Games: An Application to the Equilibrium Investment Strategies of Firms," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(3), pages 691-721.
- Frank Riedel, 2009. "Optimal Stopping With Multiple Priors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(3), pages 857-908, 05.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergei Levendorskii, 2004.
"Practical guide to real options in discrete time,"
- Sergey Levendorskiy & Svetlana Boyarchenko, 2004. "Practical guide to real options in discrete time," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 137, Society for Computational Economics.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergei Levendorskii, 2004. "Practical guide to real options in discrete time," Papers cond-mat/0404106, arXiv.org.
- Boyarchenko Svetlana & Levendorskii Sergei Z, 2006.
"General Option Exercise Rules, with Applications to Embedded Options and Monopolistic Expansion,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-51, June.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergei Levendorskii, 2006. "General option exercise rules, with applications to embedded options and monopolistic expansion," 2006 Meeting Papers 312, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergei Levendorskii, 2005. "General option exercise rules, with applications to embedded options and monopolistic expansion," Finance 0511001, EconWPA.
- Mitya Boyarchenko & Sergei Levendorskiĭ, 2009. "Prices And Sensitivities Of Barrier And First-Touch Digital Options In Lévy-Driven Models," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(08), pages 1125-1170.
- Boyarchenko, Svetlana & Levendorskii, Sergei, 2008. "Exit problems in regime-switching models," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 180-206, January.
- Ernesto Mordecki, 2002. "Optimal stopping and perpetual options for Lévy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 473-493.
- Boyarchenko, Svetlana & Levendorskii[caron], Sergei, 2007.
"Optimal stopping made easy,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 201-217, February.
- Michael D. Whinston, 1988. "Exit with Multiplant Firms," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(4), pages 568-588, Winter.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergei Levendorskii, 2005.
"American options: the EPV pricing model,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 267-292, 08.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko, 2004. "Irreversible Decisions and Record-Setting News Principles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 557-568, June.
- Asmussen, Søren & Avram, Florin & Pistorius, Martijn R., 2004. "Russian and American put options under exponential phase-type Lévy models," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 79-111, January.
- Alexander Novikov & Albert Shiryaev, 2004. "On an Effective Solution of the Optimal Stopping Problem for Random Walks," Research Paper Series 131, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Kerry Back & Dirk Paulsen, 2009. "Open-Loop Equilibria and Perfect Competition in Option Exercise Games," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(11), pages 4531-4552, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27999. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.