Young workersâ€Ÿ overeducation and cohort effects in â€œP.I.G.S.â€ countries versus the Netherlands: a pseudo-panel analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce D. Meyer & Dan T. Rosenbaum, 2001.
"Welfare, the Earned Income Tax Credit, and the Labor Supply of Single Mothers,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(3), pages 1063-1114.
- Bruce D. Meyer & Dan T. Rosenbaum, 1998. "Welfare, the Earned Income Tax Credit, and the Labor Supply of Single Mothers," JCPR Working Papers 32, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Bruce D. Meyer & Dan T. Rosenbaum, 1999. "Welfare, the Earned Income Tax Credit, and the Labor Supply of Single Mothers," NBER Working Papers 7363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emanuela Ghignoni & Gabriella Pappadà, 2009. "Flexicurity analysis of youngsters in Europe: the role of "capabilities" and human capital," QUADERNI DI ECONOMIA DEL LAVORO, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2009(90), pages 145-177.
- Giorgio Di Pietro & Andrea Cutillo, 2006. "University Quality and Labour Market Outcomes in Italy," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 20(1), pages 37-62, March.
- P. J. Sloane & H. Battu & P. T. Seaman, 1999. "Overeducation, undereducation and the British labour market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(11), pages 1437-1453.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1.
- Ordine, Patrizia & Rose, Giuseppe, 2011. "Inefficient self-selection into education and wage inequality," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 582-597, August.
- Emanuela Ghignoni, 2009.
"Temporary Contracts, Employees' Effort and Labour Productivity: The Evidence for Italy,"
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 279-314.
- Emanuela Ghignoni, 2008. "Temporary contracts, employees' effort and labour productivity: the evidence for Italy," Working Papers 111, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Patrizia Ordine & Giuseppe Rose, 2009. "Overeducation and Instructional Quality: A Theoretical Model and Some Facts," Journal of Human Capital, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(1), pages 73-105.
- Giorgio Di Pietro & Peter Urwin, 2006.
"Education and skills mismatch in the Italian graduate labour market,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 79-93.
- Di Pietro, Giorgio & Peter Urwin, 2003. "Education and Skills Mismatch in the Italian Graduate Labour Market," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 59, Royal Economic Society.
- Dieter Verhaest & Eddy Omey, 2006.
"The Impact of Overeducation and its Measurement,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 77(3), pages 419-448, July.
- D. Verhaest & E. Omey, 2004. "The impact of overeducation and its measurement," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/215, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Duncan, Greg J. & Hoffman, Saul D., 1981. "The incidence and wage effects of overeducation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 75-86, February.
- Emanuela Ghignoni, 2001. "Frontiere di competenza overeducation e rendimento economico dell’istruzione nel mercato del lavoro italiano degli anni ’90," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 91(6), pages 115-158, July-Augu.
- Van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & Van Praag, Bernard M. S., 1981. "The demand for deductibles in private health insurance : A probit model with sample selection," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 229-252, November.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Lovell,C. A. Knox, 2003. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521666633, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ghignoni, Emanuela & Verashchagina, Alina, 2014.
"Educational qualifications mismatch in Europe. Is it demand or supply driven?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 670-692.
- Emanuela Ghignoni & Alina Verashchagina, 2012. "Educational qualifications mismatch in Europe Is it demand or supply driven?," Working Papers 154, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsovereducation; transitoriness; youth employment; cohort effects; returns to education;
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2012-02-27 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2012-02-27 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sap:wpaper:wp147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luisa Giuriato). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dprosit.html .