Is Africa Integrating? Evidence from Product Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lawrence Edwards & Neil Rankin, 2016. "Is Africa integrating? Evidence from product markets," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 266-289, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles Engel & John H. Rogers & Shing-Yi Wang, 2003. "Revisiting the Border: an assessment of the law of one price using very disaggregated consumer price data," International Finance Discussion Papers 777, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Portugal-Perez, Alberto & Wilson, John S., 2009. "Why trade facilitation matters to Africa," World Trade Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 379-416, July.
- Mario J. Crucini & Chris I. Telmer & Marios Zachariadis, 2005.
"Understanding European Real Exchange Rates,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 724-738, June.
- Mario Crucini & Chris Telmer & Marios Zachariadis, "undated". "Understanding European Real Exchange Rates," GSIA Working Papers 227, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Mario J. Crucini & Chris I. Telmer & Marios Zachariadis, 2001. "Understanding European Real Exchange Rates," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0120, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Bergin, Paul R. & Glick, Reuven, 2007.
"Global price dispersion: Are prices converging or diverging?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 703-729, September.
- Paul R. Bergin & Reuven Glick, 2006. "Global price dispersion: are prices converging or diverging?," Working Paper Series 2006-50, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Freund, Caroline & Rocha, Nadia, 2010. "What constrains Africa's exports?," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2010-07, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Charles Engel & John H. Rogers, 2004. "European product market integration after the euro," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 19(39), pages 347-384, July.
- Nagayasu, Jun, 2002. "Does the Long-Run PPP Hypothesis Hold for Africa? Evidence from a Panel Cointegration Study," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 181-187, April.
- Amjadi, Azita & Yeats, Alexander J., 1995. "Have transport costs contributed to the relative decline of sub-Saharan African exports? Some preliminary empirical evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1559, The World Bank.
- Amjadi, Azita*Reinke, Ulrich*Yeats, Alexander, 1996. "Did external barriers cause the marginalization of sub-Saharan Africa in world trade?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1586, The World Bank.
- Tsangyao Chang & Hsu-Ling Chang & Hsiao-Ping Chu & Chi-Wei Su, 2006. "Does PPP hold in African countries? Further evidence based on a highly dynamic non-linear (logistic) unit root test," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(20), pages 2453-2459.
- repec:oup:jafrec:v:9:y:2000:i:1:p:63-78. is not listed on IDEAS
- Mario Crucini & Chris Telmer & Marios Zachariadis, 2003.
"Price dispersion: The role of distance, borders and location,"
GSIA Working Papers
2004-E25, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Mario Crucini & Chris Telmer & Marios Zachariadis, 2005. "Price Dispersion: The Role of Distance, Borders and Location," 2005 Meeting Papers 767, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- David Parsley Shang-Jin Wei, 2002. "Currency Arrangements And Goods Market Integration: A Price Based Approach," International Finance 0211004, EconWPA.
- Arvind Subramanian & Natalia T. Tamirisa, 2003. "Is Africa Integrated in the Global Economy?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 50(3), pages 1-2.
- MJ Holmes, 2000.
"Does purchasing power parity hold in African less developed countries? Evidence from a panel data unit root test,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 9(1), pages 63-78.
- Holmes, Mark J, 2000. "Does Purchasing Power Parity Hold in African Less Developed Countries? Evidence from a Panel Data Unit Root Test," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 9(1), pages 63-78, March.
- Lein-Lein Chen & Seungmook Choi & John Devereux, 2008. "Have Absolute Price Levels Converged for Developed Economies? The Evidence since 1870," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 90(1), pages 29-36, February.
- Michael M. Knetter & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2001. "Measuring Product-Market Integration," NBER Chapters,in: Topics in Empirical International Economics: A Festschrift in Honor of Robert E. Lipsey, pages 15-46 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Neil Balchin & Lawrence Edwards & Asha Sundaram, 2015.
"A Disaggregated Analysis of Product Price Integration in the Southern African Development Community,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 24(3), pages 390-415.
- Neil Balchin, Lawrence Edwards and Asha Sundaram, 2014. "A Disaggregated Analysis of Product Price Integration in the Southern African Development Community," Working Papers 421, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:54:y:2018:i:c:p:154-164 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsProduct market integration; Retail prices; African regional integration; Price dispersion; Law of one price; Economist Intelligence Unit city price data;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rza:wpaper:292. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charles Tanton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersacza.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.