Introducing CGE Models to the Classroom Using EXCEL
This paper demonstrates how simple general equilibrium models can be solved with the help of Microsoft Excel. Two different general equilibrium models for tax incidence analysis are used as illustrative examples. The methods presented here are intended to be beneficial to both students and teachers working with general equilibrium theory in the classroom and can easily be extended to various policy analysis term projects. The techniques presented here are simple and effective tools for inclusion in any student’s toolkit.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2K3|
Phone: (416) 979-5092
Fax: (415) 979-5273
Web page: http://www.ryerson.ca/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Humberto Barreto, 2001. "Teaching Comparative Statics with Microsoft Excel," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 397-397, January.
- Arnold C. Harberger, 1962. "The Incidence of the Corporation Income Tax," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 215-215.
- Scarf, Herbert, 1969. "An Example of an Algorithm for Calculating General Equilibrium Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(4), pages 669-677, Part I Se.
- Shoven,John B. & Whalley,John, 1992.
"Applying General Equilibrium,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521266550, Diciembre.
- Shoven,John B. & Whalley,John, 1992. "Applying General Equilibrium," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521319867, Diciembre.
- Shoven, John B & Whalley, John, 1984. "Applied General-Equilibrium Models of Taxation and International Trade: An Introduction and Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(3), pages 1007-1051, September.
- Soumaya M. Tohamy & J. Wilson Mixon, 2003. "Lessons from the Specific Factors Model of International Trade," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 139-150, January.
- Wai-Yan Cheng & Carles Fan, 2001. "Comparison Study of Different Implementations of Derivative Pricing Models," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 192-192, January.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557-557.
- Patrick J. Kehoe & Timothy J. Kehoe, 1994. "A primer on static applied general equilibrium models," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 2-16. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rye:wpaper:wp013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maurice Roche)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.