Financial education and investment attitudes in high schools: evidence from a randomized experiment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Leonardo Becchetti & Stefano Caiazza & Decio Coviello, 2013. "Financial education and investment attitudes in high schools: evidence from a randomized experiment," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(10), pages 817-836, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kevin Milligan & Enrico Moretti & Philip Oreopoulos, 2003.
"Does Education Improve Citizenship? Evidence from the U.S. and the U.K,"
NBER Working Papers
9584, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Milligan, Kevin S & Moretti, Enrico & OREOPOULOS, PHILIP, 2003. "Does Education Improve Citizenship? Evidence from the U.S. and the U.K," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt6qw5h964, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Keese, Matthias & Schmitz, Hendrik, 2010.
"Broke, Ill, and Obese: The Effect of Household Debt on Health,"
Ruhr Economic Papers
234, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Matthias Keese & Hendrik Schmitz, 2010. "Broke, Ill, and Obese: The Effect of Household Debt on Health," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 350, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Bruce Ian Carlin & David T. Robinson, 2012. "What Does Financial Literacy Training Teach Us?," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 235-247, July.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0234 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jappelli, Tullio & Padula, Mario, 2013.
"Investment in financial literacy and saving decisions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2779-2792.
- Tullio Jappelli & Mario Padula, 2011. "Investment in Financial Literacy and Saving Decisions," CSEF Working Papers 272, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Jappelli, Tullio & Padula, Mario, 2011. "Investment in Financial Literacy and Saving Decisions," CEPR Discussion Papers 8220, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jappelli, Tullio & Padula, Mario, 2011. "Investment in financial literacy and saving decisions," CFS Working Paper Series 2011/07, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Oscar A. Stolper & Andreas Walter, 2017. "Financial literacy, financial advice, and financial behavior," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 87(5), pages 581-643, July.
- Lührmann, Melanie & Serra-Garcia, Marta & Winter, Joachim, 2015. "Teaching teenagers in finance: Does it work?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 160-174.
- Li Liao & Jing Jian Xiao & Weiqiang Zhang & Congyi Zhou, 2017. "Financial literacy and risky asset holdings: evidence from China," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 57(5), pages 1383-1415, December.
- Elizabeth Lwanga Nanzir, 2017. "Financial Inclusion and Welfare in Post-Apartheid South Africa," Working Papers 323, African Economic Research Consortium, Research Department.
- Elsa Fornero, 2015.
"Economic-financial Literacy and (Sustainable) Pension Reforms: Why the Former is a Key Ingredient for the Latter,"
Bankers, Markets & Investors, ESKA Publishing, issue 134, pages 6-16, January-F.
- Elsa Fornero, 2014. "Economic-financial literacy and (sustainable) pension reforms: why the former is a key ingredient for the latter," CeRP Working Papers 144, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Philip Oreopoulos & Kjell G. Salvanes, 2009. "How large are returns to schooling? Hint: Money isn't everything," NBER Working Papers 15339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John F. Helliwell & Robert D. Putnam, 2007. "Education and Social Capital," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 1-19, Winter.
- Bruce I. Carlin & Li Jiang & Stephen A. Spiller, 2014. "Learning Millennial-Style," NBER Working Papers 20268, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Islam, M. Kamrul & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Gullberg, Bo & Lindström, Martin & Merlo, Juan, 2008. "Social capital externalities and mortality in Sweden," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 19-42, March.
- Marius-Cristian PANĂ, 2012. "Education and Crisis," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(5(570)), pages 145-156, May.
- Del Bono, Emilia & Galindo-Rueda, Fernando, 2006.
"The long term impacts of compulsory schooling: evidence from a natural experiment in school leaving dates,"
ISER Working Paper Series
2006-44, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Emilia Del Bono & Fernando Galindo-Rueda, 2007. "The Long Term Impacts of Compulsory Schooling: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in School Leaving Dates," CEE Discussion Papers 0074, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Del Bono, Emilia & Galindo-Rueda, Fernando, 2007. "The long term impacts of compulsory schooling: evidence from a natural experiment in school leaving dates," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19400, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Grohmann, Antonia, 2018.
"Financial literacy and financial behavior: Evidence from the emerging Asian middle class,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 129-143.
- Antonia Grohmann, 2017. "Financial Literacy and Financial Behavior: Evidence from the Emerging Asian Middle Class," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1702, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Pierre Lefebvre & Philip Merrigan, 2010. "Labour Outcomes of Graduates and Dropouts of High School and Post-secondary Education: Evidence for Canadian 24- to 26-year-olds in 2005," Cahiers de recherche 1045, CIRPEE.
- Alberto Burchi & Bogdan Włodarczyk & Marek Szturo & Duccio Martelli, 2021. "The Effects of Financial Literacy on Sustainable Entrepreneurship," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(9), pages 1-21, April.
- Niu, Geng & Zhou, Yang & Gan, Hongwu, 2020. "Financial literacy and retirement preparation in China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 59(C).
- Marco Nieddu & Lorenzo Pandolfi, 2018. "Cutting Through the Fog: Financial Literacy and the Subjective Value of Financial Assets," CSEF Working Papers 497, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Grant Johnston, 2004. "Healthy, wealthy and wise? A review of the wider benefits of education," Treasury Working Paper Series 04/04, New Zealand Treasury.
- M. Fort & F. Manaresi & S. Trucchi, 2012.
"Banks Information Policies, Financial Literacy and Household Wealth,"
wp852, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Fort, Margherita & Manaresi, Francesco & Trucchi, Serena, 2012. "Banks Information Policies, Financial Literacy and Household Wealth," IZA Discussion Papers 6989, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Meta Brown & John Grigsby & Wilbert van der Klaauw & Jaya Wen & Basit Zafar, 2016.
"Financial Education and the Debt Behavior of the Young,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 29(9), pages 2490-2522.
- Meta Brown & John Grigsby & Wilbert Van der Klaauw & Jaya Wen & Basit Zafar, 2013. "Financial education and the debt behavior of the young," Staff Reports 634, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Andrej Cupak & Pirmin Fessler & Maria Antoinette Silgoner & Elisabeth Ulbrich, 2018. "Financial literacy in Austria: a survey of recent research results," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue Q1/18, pages 14-26.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial education; financial literacy; demand for money balances; randomized experiment.;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2011-09-16 (Education)
- NEP-EXP-2011-09-16 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2011-09-16 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rtv:ceisrp:210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csrotit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Barbara Piazzi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csrotit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.