The Financing of Local Government in the People’s Republic of China: Stimulus Loan Wanes and Shadow Banking Waxes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yi Huang & Marco Pagano & Ugo Panizza, 2016.
"Public Debt and Private Firm Funding: Evidence from Chinese Cities,"
IHEID Working Papers
10-2016, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised Aug 2016.
- Yi Huang & Marco Pagano & Ugo Panizza, 2016. "Public Debt and Private Firm Funding. Evidence from Chinese Cities," EIEF Working Papers Series 1611, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Aug 2016.
- Huang, Yi & Pagano, Marco & Panizza, Ugo, 2016. "Public Debt and Private Firm Funding: Evidence from Chinese Cities," CEPR Discussion Papers 11489, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:bin:bpeajo:v:47:y:2016:i:2016-02:p:129-181 is not listed on IDEAS
- Douglas W. Diamond & Zhiguo He, 2014.
"A Theory of Debt Maturity: The Long and Short of Debt Overhang,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 69(2), pages 719-762, April.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Zhiguo He, 2012. "A Theory of Debt Maturity: The Long and Short of Debt Overhang," NBER Working Papers 18160, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zhiguo He & Wei Xiong, 2012. "Rollover Risk and Credit Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 67(2), pages 391-430, April.
- Chong-En Bai & Chang-Tai Hsieh & Zheng Michael Song, 2016. "The Long Shadow of a Fiscal Expansion," NBER Working Papers 22801, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1991. "Debt Maturity Structure and Liquidity Risk," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(3), pages 709-737.
- Kroeber, Arthur R., 2016. "China's Economy: What Everyone Needs to Know," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780190239039.
- Tao Zha & Jue Ren & Kaiji Chen, 2016.
"What We Learn from China's Rising Shadow Banking: Exploring the Nexus of Monetary Tightening and Banks' Role in Entrusted Lending,"
2016 Meeting Papers
82, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Chen, Kaiji & Ren, Jue & Zha, Tao, 2016. "What we learn from China's rising shadow banking: exploring the nexus of monetary tightening and banks' role in entrusted lending," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2016-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Kaiji Chen & Jue Ren & Tao Zha, 2016. "What We Learn from China's Rising Shadow Banking: Exploring the Nexus of Monetary Tightening and Banks' Role in Entrusted Lending," NBER Working Papers 21890, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chong-En Bai & Chang-Tai Hsieh & Zheng (Michael) Song, 2016. "The Long Shadow of China’s Fiscal Expansion," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 47(2 (Fall)), pages 129-181.
- Yongheng Deng & Randall Morck & Jing Wu & Bernard Yeung, 2015. "China’s Pseudo-monetary Policy," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 19(1), pages 55-93.
- Li, Hongbin & Zhou, Li-An, 2005. "Political turnover and economic performance: the incentive role of personnel control in China," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(9-10), pages 1743-1762, September.
- Yuanyan S Zhang & Steven A Barnett, 2014. "Fiscal Vulnerabilities and Risks from Local Government Finance in China," IMF Working Papers 14/4, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:pal:compes:v:61:y:2019:i:3:d:10.1057_s41294-019-00099-8 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordslocal government financing vehicles; municipal corporate bonds; shadow banking in china;
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- H72 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Budget and Expenditures
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbiwp:0800. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ADB Institute). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/adbinjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.