Costs and Benefits of Urbanization: The Indian Case
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kala Seetharam Sridhar, 2016. "Costs and Benefits of Urbanization: The Indian Case," Working Papers id:11447, eSocialSciences.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Castells-Quintana & Vicente Royuela, 2014. "Agglomeration, inequality and economic growth," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(2), pages 343-366, March.
- Todaro, Michael P, 1969. "A Model for Labor Migration and Urban Unemployment in Less Developed Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 138-148, March.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2004.
"Micro-foundations of urban agglomeration economies,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 48, pages 2063-2117
- Giles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2003. "Micro-Foundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," NBER Working Papers 9931, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2003. "Microfoundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 4062, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sridhar, Kala Seetharam, 2007. "Density gradients and their determinants: Evidence from India," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 314-344, May.
- Sridhar, Kala Seetharam & Wan, Guanghua, 2010.
"Firm location choice in cities: Evidence from China, India, and Brazil,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 113-122, March.
- Sridhar, Kala Seetharam & Wan, Guanghua, 2007. "Firm Location Choice in Cities: Evidence from China, India, and Brazil," WIDER Working Paper Series 056, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Enrico Moretti, 2004. "Workers' Education, Spillovers, and Productivity: Evidence from Plant-Level Production Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 656-690, June.
- Chinmay, Tumbe, 2011. "Remittances in India: Facts and Issues," MPRA Paper 29983, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xavier Gabaix, 1999. "Zipf's Law and the Growth of Cities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 129-132, May.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Sridhar, Kala Seetharam, 2012. "Measuring welfare gains from relaxation of land-use restrictions: The case of India's building-height limits," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1061-1067.
- Sabyasachi Tripathi, 2013.
"Do Large Agglomerations Lead To Economic Growth? Evidence From Urban India,"
Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 176-200, November.
- Tripathi, Sabyasachi, 2012. "Do large agglomerations lead to economic growth? evidence from urban India," MPRA Paper 38227, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tripathi, Sabyasachi, 2012. "Do large agglomerations lead to economic growth: Evidence from Urban India," Working Papers 292, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Paul, Samuel & Sridhar, Kala Seetharam & Reddy, A. Venugopala & Srinath, Pavan, 2012. "The State of Our Cities: Evidence from Karnataka," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198080381.
- Kevin Honglin Zhang, 2002. "What Explains China's Rising Urbanisation in the Reform Era?," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 39(12), pages 2301-2315, November.
- Niehaus, Paul & Sukhtankar, Sandip, 2013. "The marginal rate of corruption in public programs: Evidence from India," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 52-64.
- Luisito Bertinelli & Eric Strobl, 2007. "Urbanisation, Urban Concentration and Economic Development," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 44(13), pages 2499-2510, December.
- Michael Spence & Patricia Clarke Annez & Robert M. Buckley, 2009. "Urbanization and Growth : Commission on Growth and Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2582, July.
- Seetharam Sridhar, Kala & Sridhar, Varadharajan, 2003. "The Effect of Telecommuting on Suburbanization: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 33(1).
- Brueckner, Jan K, 1990. "Analyzing Third World Urbanization: A Model with Empirical Evidence," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(3), pages 587-610, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tripathi, Sabyasachi & Kaur, Shupinder, 2017. "Do negative externalities have any impact on population agglomerations? Evidence from Urban India," MPRA Paper 76897, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsurbanization; rural-urban migration; rural-urban income gap; telecommuting; infrastructure investments;
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbiwp:0607. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ADB Institute). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/adbinjp.html .