Measuring welfare gains from relaxation of land-use restrictions: The case of India's building-height limits
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 2002. "The welfare economics of land use planning," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 242-269, September.
- Bertaud, Alain & Brueckner, Jan K., 2005. "Analyzing building-height restrictions: predicted impacts and welfare costs," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 109-125, March.
- Deng, Xiangzheng & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott & Uchida, Emi, 2008. "Growth, population and industrialization, and urban land expansion of China," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 96-115, January.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Ward, Bryce A., 2009. "The causes and consequences of land use regulation: Evidence from Greater Boston," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 265-278, May.
- Henry O. Pollakowski & Susan M. Wachter, 1990. "The Effects of Land-Use Constraints on Housing Prices," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(3), pages 315-324.
- John M. Quigley & Steven Raphael, 2005.
"Regulation and the High Cost of Housing in California,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 323-328.
- Quigley, John M. & Raphael, Steven, 2006. "Regulation and the High Cost of Housing in California," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt3hh7s35m, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Sridhar, Kala Seetharam, 2007. "Density gradients and their determinants: Evidence from India," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 314-344, May.
- Kala Seetharam Sridhar, 2010. "Impact of Land Use Regulations: Evidence from Indiaâ€™s Cities," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 47(7), pages 1541-1569, June.
- Ihlanfeldt, Keith R., 2007. "The effect of land use regulation on housing and land prices," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 420-435, May.
- Robert W. Wassmer, 2006. "The Influence of Local Urban Containment Policies and Statewide Growth Management on the Size of United States Urban Areas," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 25-65.
- Paulsen, Kurt, 2012. "Yet even more evidence on the spatial size of cities: Urban spatial expansion in the US, 1980–2000," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 561-568.
- Arnott, Richard J. & MacKinnon, James G., 1977.
"Measuring the costs of height restrictions with a general equilibrium model,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 359-375, November.
- Richard Arnott & James G. MacKinnon, 1976. "Measuring the Costs of Height Restrictions with a General Equilibrium Model," Working Papers 242, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Marin V. Geshkov & Joseph S. DeSalvo, 2012. "The Effect Of Land-Use Controls On The Spatial Size Of U.S. Urbanized Areas," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(4), pages 648-675, October.
- Brueckner, Jan K & Fansler, David A, 1983. "The Economics of Urban Sprawl: Theory and Evidence on the Spatial Sizes of Cities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(3), pages 479-482, August.
- McGrath, Daniel T., 2005. "More evidence on the spatial scale of cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 1-10, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kahn, Matthew E., 2015.
"Climate Change Adaptation: Lessons from Urban Economics,"
Strategic Behavior and the Environment,
now publishers, vol. 5(1), pages 1-30, June.
- Matthew E. Kahn, 2014. "Climate Change Adaptation: Lessons from Urban Economics," NBER Working Papers 20716, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kahn, Matthew E. & Walsh, Randall, 2015. "Cities and the Environment," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Lall, Somik V., 2015. "Cities in Developing Countries," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
- Nora Ruth Libertun de Duren, 2017. "La carga de la vivienda de interés social: Comparación entre hogares de la periferia y del centro en ciudades de Brasil, Colombia y México," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 8417, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Cai, Hongbin & Wang, Zhi & Zhang, Qinghua, 2017. "To build above the limit? Implementation of land use regulations in urban China," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 223-233.
- Sridhar, Kala Seetharam, 2016.
"Costs and Benefits of Urbanization: The Indian Case,"
ADBI Working Papers
607, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Kala Seetharam Sridhar, 2016. "Costs and Benefits of Urbanization: The Indian Case," Working Papers id:11447, eSocialSciences.
- Ahmad, Sohail & Puppim de Oliveira, Jose A., 2016. "Determinants of urban mobility in India: Lessons for promoting sustainable and inclusive urban transportation in developing countries," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 106-114.
- Ioannis Tikoudis & Erik T. Verhoef & Jos N. van Ommeren, 2015. "Second-best Urban Tolls in a Monocentric City with Housing Market Regulations," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-006/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:tpr:restat:v:99:y:2017:i:4:p:663-677 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jan K. Brueckner & Shihe Fu & Yizhen Gu & Junfu Zhang, 2017.
"Measuring the Stringency of Land Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building Height Limits,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 99(4), pages 663-677, July.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Shihe Fu & Yizhen Gu & Junfu Zhang, 2016. "Measuring the Stringency of Land-Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building-Height Limits," CESifo Working Paper Series 5855, CESifo Group Munich.
- Brueckner, Jan & Fu, Shihe & Gu, Yizhen & Zhang, Junfu, 2016. "Measuring the Stringency of Land-Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building-Height Limits," MPRA Paper 70289, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shihe Fu, 2017. "Measuring the Stringency of Land Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building Height Limits," WISE Working Papers 2017-10-16, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Jyh-Bang Jou & Tan (Charlene) Lee, 2015. "How Do Density Ceiling Controls Affect Housing Prices and Urban Boundaries?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 219-241, February.
- repec:eee:juecon:v:102:y:2017:i:c:p:76-90 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter Ganong & Daniel W. Shoag, 2017. "Why Has Regional Income Convergence in the U.S. Declined?," NBER Working Papers 23609, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gianni Guastella & Stefano Pareglio & Paolo Sckokai, 2017.
"A Spatial Econometric Analysis of Land Use Efficiency in Large and Small Municipalities,"
2017.03, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Guastella, Gianni & Pareglio, Stefano & Sckokai, Paolo, 2017. "A Spatial Econometric Analysis of Land Use Efficiency in Large and Small Municipalities," SAS: Society and Sustainability 253216, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Proost, Stef & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2015. "Skilled Cities, Regional Disparities, and Efficient Transport: The state of the art and a research agenda," CEPR Discussion Papers 10790, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsFAR limits; Building heights; Urban sprawl; India;
- R14 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Land Use Patterns
- R28 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:42:y:2012:i:6:p:1061-1067. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.