Wealth transfers and the role of collateral when lifetimes are uncertain
We develop a general equilibrium model of wealth transfers in the presence of uncertain lifetimes and default. Without introducing exogenous debt constraints, agents are allowed to make collateral-backed promises at any state of their life span.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Rua Marquês de São Vicente, 225, 22453-900 Rio de Janeiro, RJ|
Phone: 021 35271078
Fax: 021 35271084
Web page: http://www.econ.puc-rio.br
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Magill,Michael & Quinzii,Martine, 1992.
"Infinite horizon,Incomplete markets,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
384, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Magill, M. & Quinzii, M., 1992. "Infinite Horizon Incomplete Markets," DELTA Working Papers 92-26, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Magill, M. & Quinzii, M., 1993. "Infinite Horizon Incomplete Markets," Papers 9320, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Magill, M. & Quinzii, M., 1992. "Infinite Horizon Incomplete Markets," Papers 413a, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Lawrence H. Summers, 1980.
"The Role of Intergenerational Transfers in Aggregate Capital Accumulation,"
NBER Working Papers
0445, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J & Summers, Lawrence H, 1981. "The Role of Intergenerational Transfers in Aggregate Capital Accumulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 706-32, August.
- Felix Kubler & Karl Schmedders, 2003.
"Stationary Equilibria in Asset-Pricing Models with Incomplete Markets and Collateral,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(6), pages 1767-1793, November.
- Felix Kubler & Karl Schmedders, 2001. "Stationary Equilibria in Asset-Pricing Models with Incomplete Markets and Collateral," Discussion Papers 1319, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Hippolyte D'Albis, 2007.
"Demographic structure and capital accumulation,"
- Aloisio Araujo & Mário Rui Páscoa & Juan Pablo Torres-Martínez, 2002.
"Collateral Avoids Ponzi Schemes in Incomplete Markets,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1613-1638, July.
- Páscoa, Mario Rui & Araújo, Aloísio Pessoa de & Torres-Martínez, Juan Pablo, 2001. "Collateral avoids Ponzi schemes in incomplete markets," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 419, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Leung, S.F., 1992.
"Uncertain Lifetime, the Theory of the Consumer, and the Life Cycle Hypothesis,"
RCER Working Papers
323, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Leung, Siu Fai, 1994. "Uncertain Lifetime, the Theory of the Consumer, and the Life Cycle Hypothesis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(5), pages 1233-39, September.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2006:i:81:p:05 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luisa Fuster, 1999.
"Effects of uncertain lifetime and annuity insurance on capital accumulation and growth,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 13(2), pages 429-445.
- Luisa Fuster, 1998. "Effects of uncertain lifetime and annuity insurance on capital accumulation and growth," Economics Working Papers 249, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Florenzano, Monique & Gourdel, Pascal & Pascoa, Mario Rui, 2001. "Overlapping generations models with incomplete markets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 201-218, December.
- Luisa Fuster, 2000. "Capital Accumulation in an Economy with Dynasties and Uncertain Lifetimes," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 3(4), pages 650-674, October.
- Cardia, Emanuela & Michel, Philippe, 2004.
"Altruism, intergenerational transfers of time and bequests,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1681-1701, June.
- CARDIA, Emanuela & MICHEL, Philippe, 2003. "Altruism, Intergenerational Transfers of Time and Bequests," Cahiers de recherche 2003-04, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- CARDIA, Emanuela & MICHEL, Philippe, 2003. "Altruism, Intergenerational Transfers of Time and Bequests," Cahiers de recherche 02-2003, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- P. Dubey & J. Geanakoplos & M . Shubik, 2001.
"Default and Punishment in General Equilibrium,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
01-07, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Pradeep Dubey & John Geanakoplos & Martin Shubik, 2001. "Default and Punishment in General Equilibrium," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1304, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Pradeep Dubey & John Geanakoplos & Martin Shubik, 2001. "Default and Punishment in General Equilibrium," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1304R5, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Mar 2004.
- Abdelkrim Seghir, 2006. "An overlapping generations model with non-ordered preferences and numeraire-incomplete markets," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 28(2), pages 95-112, 02.
- Páscoa, Mário Rui & Seghir, Abdelkrim, 2009. "Harsh default penalties lead to Ponzi schemes," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 270-286, January.
- Jonathan Skinner & Stephen P. Zeldes, 2002. "The Importance of Bequests and Life-Cycle Saving in Capital Accumulation: A New Answer," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 274-278, May.
- Hernandez D., Alejandro & Santos, Manuel S., 1996. "Competitive Equilibria for Infinite-Horizon Economies with Incomplete Markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 102-130, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rio:texdis:527. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.