Advertising and Aggregate Consumption: A Bayesian DSGE Assessment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Benedetto Molinari & Francesco Turino, 2018. "Advertising and Aggregate Consumption: A Bayesian DSGE Assessment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 128(613), pages 2106-2130, August.
- Benedetto Molinari & Francesco Turino, 2015. "Advertising and Aggregate Consumption: A Bayesian DSGE Assessment," Working Papers 15.02, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Benedetto Molinari & Francesco Turino, 2009. "Advertising and Business Cycle Fluctuations," Working Papers. Serie AD 2009-09, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Robert E. Hall, 2008. "General Equilibrium with Customer Relationships: A Dynamic Analysis of Rent-Seeking," 2008 Meeting Papers 312, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Avinash Dixit & Victor Norman, 1978.
"Advertising and Welfare,"
Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(1), pages 1-17, Spring.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Norman, Victor, 1976. "Advertising and Welfare," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 082, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash & Norman, Victor, 1976. "Advertising And Welfare," Economic Research Papers 268980, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Volker Grossmann, 2008. "Advertising, in-house R&D, and growth," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(1), pages 168-191, January.
- Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson, 2018.
"Shrouded attributes, consumer myopia and information suppression in competitive markets,"
Chapters, in: Victor J. Tremblay & Elizabeth Schroeder & Carol Horton Tremblay (ed.),Handbook of Behavioral Industrial Organization, chapter 3, pages 40-74,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson, 2006. "Shrouded Attributes, Consumer Myopia, and Information Suppression in Competitive Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 121(2), pages 505-540.
- Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson, 2005. "Shrouded Attributes, Consumer Myopia, and Information Suppression in Competitive Markets," NBER Working Papers 11755, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laibson, David I. & Gabaix, Xavier, 2006. "Shrouded Attributes, Consumer Myopia, and Information Suppression in Competitive Markets," Scholarly Articles 4554333, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Mark Bils, 1989. "Pricing in a Customer Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(4), pages 699-718.
- Demetrios Vakratsas & Fred M. Feinberg & Frank M. Bass & Gurumurthy Kalyanaram, 2004. "The Shape of Advertising Response Functions Revisited: A Model of Dynamic Probabilistic Thresholds," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 109-119, April.
- Yongsung Chang & Taeyoung Doh & Frank Schorfheide, 2007.
"Non-stationary Hours in a DSGE Model,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(6), pages 1357-1373, September.
- Chang, Yongsung & Doh, Taeyoung & Schorfheide, Frank, 2005. "Non-stationary Hours in a DSGE Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 5232, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yongsung Chang & Taeyoung Doh & Frank Schorfheide, 2006. "Non-stationary hours in a DSGE model," Working Papers 06-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 2006.
- Stuart Fraser & David Paton, 2003. "Does advertising increase labour supply? Time series evidence from the UK," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(11), pages 1357-1368.
- Karray, Salma & Martín-Herrán, Guiomar, 2009. "A dynamic model for advertising and pricing competition between national and store brands," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(2), pages 451-467, March.
- Mark J. Roberts & Larry Samuelson, 1988.
"An Empirical Analysis of Dynamic, Nonprice Competition in an Oligopolistic Industry,"
RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(2), pages 200-220, Summer.
- Roberts, M.J. & Samuelson, L., 1988. "An Empirical Analysis Of Dynamic, Non-Price Competition In An Oligopolistic Industry," Papers 3-88-14, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Ashley, R & Granger, C W J & Schmalensee, R, 1980. "Advertising and Aggregate Consumption: An Analysis of Causality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1149-1167, July.
- Baker Matthew J. & George Lisa M, 2010.
"The Role of Television in Household Debt: Evidence from the 1950's,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-38, May.
- Matthew J. Baker & Lisa M. George, 2009. "The Role of Television in Household Debt: Evidence from the 1950's," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 427, Hunter College Department of Economics.
- Taylor, Lester D & Weiserbs, Daniel, 1972. "Advertising and the Aggregate Consumption Function," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 642-655, September.
- Thepot, Jacques, 1983. "Marketing and investment policies of duopolists in a growing industry," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 387-404, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mònica Guillen-Royo, 2018. "Sustainable consumption and wellbeing: does on-line shopping matter?," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20181022, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
More about this item
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rim:rimwps:16-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marco Savioli). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rcfeait.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.