Summary of the Workshop to Support Implementing the Minimum 25 Percent Public Benefit Allocation in the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative
On July 20, 2006, in New York City, Resources for the Future convened a workshop of stakeholders and state officials engaged in the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) together with experts on various aspects of using auctions. The workshop provided technical assistance to states for the development of a plan to satisfy the requirement for an allocation of emissions allowances to benefit consumers or for strategic energy purposes. The workshop included an overview of auction theory, a panel on concerns of stakeholders about using an allowance auction in the RGGI, a panel on the motivations for and lessons from using auctions in other applications, and one on past experiences with auctions of emissions allowances. This workshop summary presents the main ideas presented by speakers and the audience. The summary concludes by drawing on the discussion to compile a suggested roadmap identifying steps for planners in moving toward implementation of the auction.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:rje:randje:v:37:y:2006:1:p:195-211 is not listed on IDEAS
- Porter, David & Rassenti, Stephen & Shobe, William & Smith, Vernon & Winn, Abel, 2009. "The design, testing and implementation of Virginia's NOx allowance auction," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 190-200, February.
- Ken Binmore & Paul Klemperer, 2001.
"The Biggest Auction Ever: the Sale of the British 3G Telecom Licenses,"
2002-W4, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford, revised 01 Sep 2001.
- Ken Binmore & Paul Klemperer, 2002. "The Biggest Auction Ever: the Sale of the British 3G Telecom Licences," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(478), pages C74-C96, March.
- Binmore, Kenneth & Klemperer, Paul, 2002. "The Biggest Auction Ever: The Sale of the British 3G Telecom Licences," CEPR Discussion Papers 3214, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David H. Reiley, 2006.
"Field experiments on the effects of reserve prices in auctions: more Magic on the Internet,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 37(1), pages 195-211, 03.
- David Lucking-Reiley, 2000. "Field experiments on the effects of reserve prices in auctions: More magic on the internet," Framed Field Experiments 00184, The Field Experiments Website.
- Peter Cramton, 2002. "Spectrum Auctions," Papers of Peter Cramton 01hte, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 16 Jul 2001.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-06-45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.