Field experiments on the effects of reserve prices in auctions: more Magic on the Internet
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- David Lucking-Reiley, 2000. "Field experiments on the effects of reserve prices in auctions: More magic on the internet," Framed Field Experiments 00184, The Field Experiments Website.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Hendricks & Harry J. Paarsch, 1995.
"A Survey of Recent Empirical Work Concerning Auctions,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 403-426, May.
- Hendricks, K. & Paarsch, H.J., 1993. "A Survey of Recent Empirical Work Concerning Auctions," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9309, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Paarsch, Harry J., 1997. "Deriving an estimate of the optimal reserve price: An application to British Columbian timber sales," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 333-357, June.
- Levin, Dan & Smith, James L, 1996. "Optimal Reservation Prices in Auctions," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(438), pages 1271-1283, September.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1982. "Microeconomic Systems as an Experimental Science," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 923-955, December.
- Ashenfelter, Orley, 1989. "How Auctions Work for Wine and Art," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 23-36, Summer.
- Samuelson, William F., 1985. "Competitive bidding with entry costs," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 53-57.
- John McMillan, 1994. "Selling Spectrum Rights," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(3), pages 145-162, Summer.
- Hendricks, Kenneth & Porter, Robert H, 1988. "An Empirical Study of an Auction with Asymmetric Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 865-883, December.
- Lucking-Reiley, David, 2000. "Auctions on the Internet: What's Being Auctioned, and How?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 227-252, September.
- David Lucking-Reiley, 1999.
"Using Field Experiments to Test Equivalence between Auction Formats: Magic on the Internet,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1063-1080, December.
- David Lucking-Reiley, 1999. "Using field experiments to test equivalence between auction formats: Magic on the internet," Framed Field Experiments 00183, The Field Experiments Website.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christopher Boyer & B. Brorsen & Tong Zhang, 2014. "Common-value auction versus posted-price selling: an agent-based model approach," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 9(1), pages 129-149, April.
- Bolton, Gary E. & Ockenfels, Axel, 2014.
"Does laboratory trading mirror behavior in real world markets? Fair bargaining and competitive bidding on eBay,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 143-154.
- Gary E Bolton & Axel Ockenfels, 2007. "Does Laboratory Trading Mirror Behavior in Real World Markets? Fair Bargaining and Competitive Bidding on EBay," Working Paper Series in Economics 36, University of Cologne, Department of Economics, revised 24 Feb 2011.
- Gary E. Bolton & Axel Ockenfels, 2008. "Does Laboratory Trading Mirror Behavior in Real World Markets? Fair Bargaining and Competitive Bidding on EBay," CESifo Working Paper Series 2241, CESifo Group Munich.
- Drichoutis, Andreas C. & Lazaridis, Panagiotis & Nayga Jr., Rodolfo M., 2008. "The role of reference prices in experimental auctions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 446-448, June.
- Philippe Jehiel & Laurent Lamy, 2015.
"On absolute auctions and secret reserve prices,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 46(2), pages 241-270, June.
- Jehiel, Philippe & Lamy, Laurent, 2014. "On absolute auctions and secret reserve prices," CEPR Discussion Papers 9791, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe Jehiel & Laurent Lamy, 2015. "On absolute auctions and secret reserve prices," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01155875, HAL.
- Yan Chen & Peter Katuscak & Emre Ozdenoren, 2005. "Sealed Bid Auctions with Ambiguity: An Experimental Study," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp269, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Jeffrey Livingston, 2010. "The effect of id verification in online auctions: Evidence from a field experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00273, The Field Experiments Website.
- repec:bla:jindec:v:65:y:2017:i:3:p:597-622 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liran Einav & Theresa Kuchler & Jonathan Levin & Neel Sundaresan, 2015. "Assessing Sale Strategies in Online Markets Using Matched Listings," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 215-247, May.
- Katkar Rama & Reiley David H, 2007.
"Public versus Secret Reserve Prices in eBay Auctions: Results from a Pokémon Field Experiment,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-25, January.
- Rama Katkar & David Lucking-Reiley, 2000. "Public versus secret reserve prices in ebay auctions: Results from a pokemon field experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00285, The Field Experiments Website.
- Rama Katkar & David Lucking-Reiley, 2001. "Public Versus Secret Reserve Prices in eBay Auctions: Results from a Pokemon Field Experiment," NBER Working Papers 8183, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Song Yao & Carl F. Mela, 2008. "Online Auction Demand," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(5), pages 861-885, 09-10.
- Ian Ayres & Mahzarin Banaji & Christine Jolls, 2015. "Race effects on eBay," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 46(4), pages 891-917, October.
- Englmaier, Florian & Schmöller, Arno, 2010. "Determinants and Effects of Reserve Prices in Hattrick Auctions," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 326, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Schmöller, Arno, 2010. "Bidding Behavior, Seller Strategies, and the Utilization of Information in Auctions for Complex Goods," Munich Dissertations in Economics 11175, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:56:y:2018:i:c:p:107-144 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jouret:v:85:y:2009:i:2:p:211-221 is not listed on IDEAS
- Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen, 2006. "Summary of the Workshop to Support Implementing the Minimum 25 Percent Public Benefit Allocation in the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative," Discussion Papers dp-06-45, Resources For the Future.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:88:y:2012:i:1:p:131-144 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ernan Haruvy & Peter T. L. Popkowski Leszczyc, 2010. "Search and Choice in Online Consumer Auctions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(6), pages 1152-1164, 11-12.
- Syngjoo Choi & Lars Nesheim & Imran Rasul, 2016. "Reserve Price Effects In Auctions: Estimates From Multiple Regression-Discontinuity Designs," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(1), pages 294-314, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:randje:v:37:y:2006:i:1:p:195-211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/randdus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.