Measuring the Welfare Gain from Personal Computers
income and product account data. The welfare gain from the introduction of personal computers is about 4 percent of consumption expenditure.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Marina Azzimonti Department of Economics Stonybrook University 10 Nicolls Road Stonybrook NY 11790 USA|
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/society.htm
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Austan Goolsbee & Amil Petrin, 2004. "The Consumer Gains from Direct Broadcast Satellites and the Competition with Cable TV," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(2), pages 351-381, 03.
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 2006.
"Valuing Consumer Products by the Time Spent Using Them: An Application to the Internet,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 108-113, May.
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 2006. "Valuing Consumer Products by the Time Spent Using Them: An Application to the Internet," NBER Working Papers 11995, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 2006. "Valuing Consumer Products by the Time Spent Using Them: An Application to the Internet," Discussion Papers 05-010, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Gokce Uysal, 2005.
"New Goods and the Transition to a New Economy,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 99-134, 06.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Gokce Uysal, 2003. "New Goods and the Transition to a New Economy," Economie d'Avant Garde Research Reports 5, Economie d'Avant Garde.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Gokce Uysal, 2004. "New Goods and the Transition to a New Economy," NBER Working Papers 10793, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hausman, Jerry, 1999.
"Cellular Telephone, New Products, and the CPI,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 17(2), pages 188-194, April.
- Chatterjee, Satyajit, 1994. "Transitional dynamics and the distribution of wealth in a neoclassical growth model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 97-119, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed008:491. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.