Measuring the Welfare Gain from Personal Computers
income and product account data. The welfare gain from the introduction of personal computers is about 4 percent of consumption expenditure.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Marina Azzimonti Department of Economics Stonybrook University 10 Nicolls Road Stonybrook NY 11790 USA|
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/society.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Austan Goolsbee & Amil Petrin, 2004. "The Consumer Gains from Direct Broadcast Satellites and the Competition with Cable TV," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(2), pages 351-381, 03.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Gokce Uysal, 2003.
"New Goods and the Transition to a New Economy,"
Economie d'Avant Garde Research Reports
5, Economie d'Avant Garde.
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 2006.
"Valuing Consumer Products by the Time Spent Using Them: An Application to the Internet,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 108-113, May.
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 2006. "Valuing Consumer Products by the Time Spent Using Them: An Application to the Internet," Discussion Papers 05-010, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 2006. "Valuing Consumer Products by the Time Spent Using Them: An Application to the Internet," NBER Working Papers 11995, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chatterjee, Satyajit, 1994. "Transitional dynamics and the distribution of wealth in a neoclassical growth model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 97-119, May.
- Jerry Hausman, 1997.
"Cellular Telephone, New Products and the CPI,"
NBER Working Papers
5982, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed008:491. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.