Measuring the Welfare Gain from Personal Computers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jeremy Greenwood & Karen A. Kopecky, 2013. "Measuring The Welfare Gain From Personal Computers," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(1), pages 336-347, January.
- Karen A. Kopecky & Jeremy Greenwood, 2008. "Measuring the Welfare Gain from Personal Computers," 2008 Meeting Papers 491, Society for Economic Dynamics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 2006.
"Valuing Consumer Products by the Time Spent Using Them: An Application to the Internet,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 108-113, May.
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 2006. "Valuing Consumer Products by the Time Spent Using Them: An Application to the Internet," NBER Working Papers 11995, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 2006. "Valuing Consumer Products by the Time Spent Using Them: An Application to the Internet," Discussion Papers 05-010, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Gokce Uysal, 2005.
"New Goods and the Transition to a New Economy,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 99-134, June.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Gokce Uysal, 2003. "New Goods and the Transition to a New Economy," Economie d'Avant Garde Research Reports 5, Economie d'Avant Garde.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Gokce Uysal, 2004. "New Goods and the Transition to a New Economy," NBER Working Papers 10793, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chatterjee, Satyajit, 1994. "Transitional dynamics and the distribution of wealth in a neoclassical growth model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 97-119, May.
- Hausman, Jerry, 1999. "Cellular Telephone, New Products, and the CPI," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(2), pages 188-194, April.
- Austan Goolsbee & Amil Petrin, 2004. "The Consumer Gains from Direct Broadcast Satellites and the Competition with Cable TV," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(2), pages 351-381, March.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- CafÃ© com aÃ§Ãºcar
by Leonardo Monasterio in Blog do Leonardo Monasterio on 2009-09-04 15:12:00
- Cofffe and Sugar
by Leonardo Monasterio in Leonardo Monasterio's Blog on 2009-09-05 00:52:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Walid Hadhri & Mohamed Ayadi & Adel Ben Youssef, 2012. "Difference between Adoption and Access Frequency to Internet and Consumer Surplus," Post-Print halshs-00937177, HAL.
- Baruffaldi, Stefano H. & Di Maio, Giorgio & Landoni, Paolo, 2017. "Determinants of PhD holders’ use of social networking sites: An analysis based on LinkedIn," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 740-750.
- Tim Leunig & Joachim Voth, 2011.
"Spinning Welfare: the Gains from Process Innovation in Cotton and Car Production,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp1050, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Tim Leunig & Joachim Voth, 2011. "Spinning welfare: The gains from process innovation in cotton and car production," Economics Working Papers 1352, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Jonathan Hersh & Joachim Voth, 2009.
"Sweet diversity: Colonial goods and the rise of European living standards after 1492,"
Economics Working Papers
1163, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jan 2011.
- Hersh, Jonathan & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2009. "Sweet Diversity: Colonial Goods and the Rise of European Living Standards after 1492," CEPR Discussion Papers 7386, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Smaranda Pantea & Bertin Martens, 2014. "The Value of the Internet for Consumers," JRC Working Papers on Digital Economy 2014-08, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
More about this item
KeywordsCompensating Variation; Computers; Electricity; Equivalent Variation; Fisher Ideal Price Index; New Goods; Technological Progress; Tornqvist Price Index; Welfare Gain;
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eag:rereps:15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeremy Greenwood). General contact details of provider: http://www.jeremygreenwood.net/EAG.htm .