Measuring the Welfare Gain from Personal Computers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jeremy Greenwood & Karen A. Kopecky, 2013. "Measuring The Welfare Gain From Personal Computers," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(1), pages 336-347, January.
- Karen A. Kopecky & Jeremy Greenwood, 2008. "Measuring the Welfare Gain from Personal Computers," 2008 Meeting Papers 491, Society for Economic Dynamics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 2006.
"Valuing Consumer Products by the Time Spent Using Them: An Application to the Internet,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 108-113, May.
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 2006. "Valuing Consumer Products by the Time Spent Using Them: An Application to the Internet," Discussion Papers 05-010, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 2006. "Valuing Consumer Products by the Time Spent Using Them: An Application to the Internet," NBER Working Papers 11995, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Gokce Uysal, 2005.
"New Goods and the Transition to a New Economy,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 99-134, June.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Gokce Uysal, 2003. "New Goods and the Transition to a New Economy," Economie d'Avant Garde Research Reports 5, Economie d'Avant Garde.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Gokce Uysal, 2004. "New Goods and the Transition to a New Economy," NBER Working Papers 10793, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hausman, Jerry, 1999. "Cellular Telephone, New Products, and the CPI," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(2), pages 188-194, April.
- Austan Goolsbee & Amil Petrin, 2004. "The Consumer Gains from Direct Broadcast Satellites and the Competition with Cable TV," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(2), pages 351-381, March.
- Chatterjee, Satyajit, 1994. "Transitional dynamics and the distribution of wealth in a neoclassical growth model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 97-119, May.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- CafÃ© com aÃ§Ãºcar
by Leonardo Monasterio in Blog do Leonardo Monasterio on 2009-09-04 15:12:00
- Cofffe and Sugar
by Leonardo Monasterio in Leonardo Monasterio's Blog on 2009-09-05 00:52:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roger Fouquet, 2018. "Consumer Surplus from Energy Transitions," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Walid Hadhri & Mohamed Ayadi & Adel Ben Youssef, 2012. "Difference between Adoption and Access Frequency to Internet and Consumer Surplus," Post-Print halshs-00937177, HAL.
- Baruffaldi, Stefano H. & Di Maio, Giorgio & Landoni, Paolo, 2017. "Determinants of PhD holders’ use of social networking sites: An analysis based on LinkedIn," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 740-750.
- Tim Leunig & Joachim Voth, 2011.
"Spinning Welfare: the Gains from Process Innovation in Cotton and Car Production,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp1050, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Tim Leunig & Joachim Voth, 2011. "Spinning welfare: The gains from process innovation in cotton and car production," Economics Working Papers 1352, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Felix Eggers & Avinash Gannamaneni, 2018. "Using Massive Online Choice Experiments to Measure Changes in Well-being," NBER Working Papers 24514, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:nbr:nberch:13898 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andreas Chai, 2018. "Household consumption patterns and the sectoral composition of growing economies: A review of the interlinkages," Discussion Papers in Economics economics:201802, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Jonathan Hersh & Joachim Voth, 2009.
"Sweet diversity: Colonial goods and the rise of European living standards after 1492,"
Economics Working Papers
1163, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jan 2011.
- Hersh, Jonathan & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2009. "Sweet Diversity: Colonial Goods and the Rise of European Living Standards after 1492," CEPR Discussion Papers 7386, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Byrne & Carol Corrado, 2019.
"Accounting for Innovations in Consumer Digital Services: IT Still Matters,"
NBER Chapters,in: Measuring and Accounting for Innovation in the 21st Century
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Byrne & Carol Corrado, 2019. "Accounting for Innovation in Consumer Digital Services: IT Still Matters," NBER Working Papers 26010, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Byrne & Carol Corrado, 2019. "Accounting for Innovations in Consumer Digital Services: IT still matters," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2019-049, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Smaranda Pantea & Bertin Martens, 2014. "The Value of the Internet for Consumers," JRC Working Papers on Digital Economy 2014-08, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
More about this item
KeywordsCompensating Variation; Computers; Electricity; Equivalent Variation; Fisher Ideal Price Index; New Goods; Technological Progress; Tornqvist Price Index; Welfare Gain;
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2007-08-27 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eag:rereps:15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeremy Greenwood). General contact details of provider: http://www.jeremygreenwood.net/EAG.htm .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.