Underestimating the Real Growth of GDP, Personal Income and Productivity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Broda & David E. Weinstein, 2010.
"Product Creation and Destruction: Evidence and Price Implications,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(3), pages 691-723, June.
- Christian Broda & David E. Weinstein, 2007. "Product Creation and Destruction: Evidence and Price Implications," NBER Working Papers 13041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael J. Boskin, 2000. "Economic Measurement: Progress and Challenges," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 247-252, May.
- Hausman, Jerry, 1999. "Cellular Telephone, New Products, and the CPI," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(2), pages 188-194, April.
- Diane Coyle, 2015. "GDP: A Brief but Affectionate History (Revised and Expanded Edition)," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 2, number 10598, June.
- Jerry Hausman, 2003. "Sources of Bias and Solutions to Bias in the Consumer Price Index," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 23-44, Winter.
- Redding, Stephen J. & Weinstein, David E., 2016.
"A unified approach to estimating demand and welfare,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
67681, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Redding, Stephen J. & Weinstein, David E., 2016. "A Unified Approach to Estimating Demand and Welfare," CEPR Discussion Papers 11421, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephen J. Redding & David E. Weinstein, 2016. "A Unified Approach to Estimating Demand and Welfare," CEP Discussion Papers dp1445, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Stephen J. Redding & David E. Weinstein, 2016. "A Unified Approach to Estimating Demand and Welfare," NBER Working Papers 22479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert William Fogel & Enid M. Fogel & Mark Guglielmo & Nathaniel Grotte, 2013. "Political Arithmetic: Simon Kuznets and the Empirical Tradition in Economics," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number foge12-1, January.
- Chad Syverson, 2017.
"Challenges to Mismeasurement Explanations for the US Productivity Slowdown,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 165-186, Spring.
- Chad Syverson, 2016. "Challenges to Mismeasurement Explanations for the U.S. Productivity Slowdown," NBER Working Papers 21974, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Steven Landefeld & Eugene P. Seskin & Barbara M. Fraumeni, 2008. "Taking the Pulse of the Economy: Measuring GDP," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 193-216, Spring.
- Kuznets, Simon, 1973. "Modern Economic Growth: Findings and Reflections," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 247-258, June.
- Nordhaus, William D, 1997. "Traditional Productivity Estimates Are Asleep at the (Technological) Switch," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(444), pages 1548-1559, September.
- Baily, Martin & Gordon, Robert J, 1989. "Measurement Issues, the Productivity Slowdown and the Explosion of Computer Power," CEPR Discussion Papers 305, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diewert, Erwin & FOX, Kevin J. Fox & SCHREYER, Paul, 2017. "The Digital Economy, New Products and Consumer Welfare," Microeconomics.ca working papers erwin_diewert-2017-12, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 14 Dec 2017.
- repec:kap:atlecj:v:45:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11293-017-9551-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Z. Lawrence, 2017. "Recent Manufacturing Employment Growth: The Exception That Proves the Rule," NBER Working Papers 24151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anna M. Stansbury & Lawrence H. Summers, 2017. "Productivity and Pay: Is the link broken?," NBER Working Papers 24165, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:23306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.