Urban Structure and Housing Prices: Some Evidence from Australian Cities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mariano Kulish & Anthony Richards & Christian Gillitzer, 2012. "Urban Structure and Housing Prices: Some Evidence from Australian Cities," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(282), pages 303-322, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dan Andrews & Aida Caldera Sánchez & Åsa Johansson, 2011. "Housing Markets and Structural Policies in OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 836, OECD Publishing.
- Aura, Saku & Davidoff, Thomas, 2008. "Supply constraints and housing prices," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 275-277, May.
- Alex Anas & Richard Arnott & Kenneth A. Small, 1998.
"Urban Spatial Structure,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 36(3), pages 1426-1464, September.
- Anas, Alex & Arnott, Richard & Small, Kenneth A., 1997. "Urban Spatial Structure," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt835049q3, University of California Transportation Center.
- Richard Arnott & Alex Anas & Kenneth Small, 1997. "Urban Spatial Structure," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 388., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bertaud, Alain & Brueckner, Jan K., 2005. "Analyzing building-height restrictions: predicted impacts and welfare costs," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 109-125, March.
- Paul Cheshire & Stephen Sheppard, 2004. "The Introduction of Price Signals into Land Use Planning," Urban/Regional 0410002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard K. Green & Stephen Malpezzi & Stephen K. Mayo, 2005.
"Metropolitan-Specific Estimates of the Price Elasticity of Supply of Housing, and Their Sources,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 334-339, May.
- Richard K. Green & Stephen Malpezzi & Stephen K. Mayo, 1999. "Metropolitan-Specific Estimates of the Price Elasticity of Supply of Housing, and Their Sources," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 99-16, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Cheshire, P. C. & Sheppard, Stephen Charles, 2005. "The introduction of price signals into land use planning decision-making : a proposal," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 568, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko & Raven E. Saks, 2005.
"Why Have Housing Prices Gone Up?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 329-333, May.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko & Raven Saks, 2005. "Why Have Housing Prices Gone Up?," NBER Working Papers 11129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko & Raven E. Saks, 2005. "Why Have Housing Prices Gone Up?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2061, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Luci Ellis, 2006. "Housing and Housing Finance: The View from Australia and Beyond," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2006-12, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Gyourko, Joseph & Saks, Raven, 2005. "Why Is Manhattan So Expensive? Regulation and the Rise in Housing Prices," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(2), pages 331-369, October.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Revisiting 1916 (Part II): The Economics of Population Density
by Jason Barr in Building the skyline on 2019-04-10 12:31:43
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Gillitzer & Jin Cong Wang, 2015. "Housing Wealth Effects: Cross-sectional Evidence from New Vehicle Registrations," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2015-08, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Ross Kendall & Peter Tulip, 2018. "The Effect of Zoning on Housing Prices," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2018-03, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Palm, Matthew & Gregor, Brian & Wang, Haizhong & McMullen, B. Starr, 2014. "The trade-offs between population density and households׳ transportation-housing costs," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 160-172.
- Kirdan Lees, 2018. "Quantifying the costs of land use regulation: Evidence from New Zealand," Working Papers in Economics 18/01, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- repec:bla:presci:v:98:y:2019:i:1:p:353-370 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abelson, Peter & Joyeux, Roselyne & Mahuteau, Stephane, 2012. "NILS Working paper no 181. Modelling house prices across Sydney with estimates for access, property size, public transport, urban density and crime," NILS Working Papers 26086, National Institute of Labour Studies.
- Yanotti, Maria Belen, 2013. "A review of the Australian mortgage market," Working Papers 2014-01, University of Tasmania, Tasmanian School of Business and Economics, revised 01 Aug 2013.
- Yusuf Sofiyandi1, 2018. "The Effect of Residential Location and Housing Unit Characteristics on Labor Force Participation of Childbearing Women in Indonesia: Using Twin Births As A Quasi-Natural Experiment," LPEM FEBUI Working Papers 201822, LPEM, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia, revised Jul 2018.
- Arthur Grimes & Eyal Apatov & Larissa Lutchmann & Anna Robinson, 2014.
"Infrastructure?s Long-Lived Impact on Urban Development: Theory and Empirics,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa14p178, European Regional Science Association.
- Arthur Grimes & Eyal Apatov & Larissa Lutchman & Anna Robinson, 2014. "Infrastructure’s Long-Lived Impact on Urban Development: Theory and Empirics," Working Papers 14_11, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Ryan Greenaway‐McGrevy & Arthur Grimes & Mark Holmes, 2019.
"Two countries, sixteen cities, five thousand kilometres: How many housing markets?,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 98(1), pages 353-370, February.
- Ryan Greenaway-McGrevy & Arthur Grimes & Mark Holmes, 2016. "Two countries, sixteen cities, five thousand kilometres: How many housing markets?," ERSA conference papers ersa16p49, European Regional Science Association.
- Ryan Greenaway-McGrevy & Arthur Grimes & Mark Holmes, 2016. "Two Countries, Sixteen Cities, Five Thousand Kilometres: How Many Housing Markets?," Working Papers 16_04, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Xiangling Liu & Glenn Otto, 2014. "Housing Supply Elasticity in Sydney Local Government Areas," Discussion Papers 2014-13, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Philip Macgregor Norman & Edward McGeehan & Gavin Mak & Andrew Maurer & John Michael Murray, 2013. "Transport Satellite Accounts are essential to boost Productivity and to improve Public Understanding," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(2), pages 151-160, June.
- Ryan Fox & Richard Finlay, 2012. "Dwelling Prices and Household Income," RBA Bulletin, Reserve Bank of Australia, pages 13-22, December.
- Paul Frijters & Benno Torgler & Christian Gillitzer & Jin Cong Wang, 2016. "Housing Wealth Effects: Cross-sectional Evidence from New Vehicle Registrations," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 92, pages 30-51, June.
- Judith Yates, 2011. "Housing in Australia in the 2000s: On the Agenda Too Late?," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Hugo Gerard & Jonathan Kearns (ed.), The Australian Economy in the 2000s Reserve Bank of Australia.
More about this item
Keywordshousing; housing prices; land prices; zoning; land use;
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- R52 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Land Use and Other Regulations
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rba:rbardp:rdp2011-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paula Drew). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rbagvau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.