Akin to my teacher: Does caste, religious or gender distance between student and teacher matter? Some evidence from India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Drèze & Mamta Murthi, 2001. "Fertility, Education, and Development: Evidence from India," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 27(1), pages 33-63.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nadir Altinok & Abdurrahman Aydemir, 2015.
"The Unfolding of Gender Gap in Education,"
- Nadir Altinok & Abdurrahman Aydemir, 2015. "The Unfolding of Gender Gap in Education," Working Papers of BETA 2015-13, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Nadir Altinok & Abdurrahman Aydemir, 2015. "The Unfolding of Gender Gap in Education," Working Papers 934, Economic Research Forum, revised Aug 2015.
- Azam, Mehtabul & Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi, 2015. "Assessing teacher quality in India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 74-83.
- Sonja Fagernäs & Panu Pelkonen, 2012.
"Preferences and skills of Indian public sector teachers,"
IZA Journal of Labor & Development,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-31, December.
- Fagernäs, Sonja & Pelkonen, Panu, 2012. "Preferences and Skills of Indian Public Sector Teachers," IZA Discussion Papers 6563, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rajesh Raj, S.N. & Sen, Kunal & Annigeri, Vinod B. & Kulkarni, Arun K. & Revankar, D.R., 2015. "Joyful learning? The effects of a school intervention on learning outcomes in Karnataka," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 183-195.
- Karthik Muralidharan & Ketki Sheth, 2016.
"Bridging Education Gender Gaps in Developing Countries: The Role of Female Teachers,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 51(2), pages 269-297.
- Karthik Muralidharan & Ketki Sheth, 2013. "Bridging Education Gender Gaps in Developing Countries: The Role of Female Teachers," Working Papers id:5481, eSocialSciences.
- Karthik Muralidharan & Ketki Sheth, 2013. "Bridging Education Gender Gaps in Developing Countries: The Role of Female Teachers," NBER Working Papers 19341, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Jieun & Rhee, Dong-eun & Rudolf, Robert, 2017. "Teacher Gender, Student Gender, and Primary School Achievement: Evidence from Ten Francophone African Countries," MPRA Paper 77329, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sonja Fagernäs & Panu Pelkonen, 2011.
"Whether to Hire Local Contract Teachers? Trade-off Between Skills and Preferences in India,"
SERC Discussion Papers
0083, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Sonja Fagernäs & Panu Pelkonen, 2011. "Whether to Hire Local Contract Teachers? Trade-off Between Skills and Preferences in India," Working Paper Series 1811, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Fagernäs, Sonja & Pelkonen, Panu, 2017. "Where's the Teacher? How Teacher Workplace Segregation Impedes Teacher Allocation in India," IZA Discussion Papers 10595, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordseducation; religion; gender;
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-10-30 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2010-10-30 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2010-10-30 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2010-10-30 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2010-10-30 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qss:dqsswp:1018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bilal Nasim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dqioeuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.