Discrete Fourier Transform Filters as Business Cycle Extraction Tools: An Investigation of Cycle Extraction Properties and Applicability of ‘Gibbs’ Effect
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Melvin J. Hinich & John Foster & Philip Wild, 2008. "An Investigation of the Cycle Extraction Properties of Several Bandpass Filters Used to Identify Business Cycles," Discussion Papers Series 358, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Hodrick, Robert J & Prescott, Edward C, 1997.
"Postwar U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Robert J. Hodrick & Edward Prescott, 1981. "Post-War U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers 451, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2008-03-25 (Econometrics)
- NEP-MAC-2008-03-25 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uq2004:357. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .