The Geographic Flow Of Bank Funding And Access To Credit: Branch Networks And Local-market Competition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Degryse, Hans, 1996.
"On the Interaction between Vertical and Horizontal Product Differentiation: An Application to Banking,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 169-186, June.
- Degryse, H.A., 1996. "On the interaction between vertical and horizontal product differentiation : An application to banking," Other publications TiSEM 384e9355-ea79-4b3e-90cb-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Adam Ashcraft & James Mcandrews & David Skeie, 2011. "Precautionary Reserves and the Interbank Market," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43, pages 311-348, October.
- Luca Papi & Emma Sarno & Alberto Zazzaro, 2017.
"The geographical network of bank organizations: issues and evidence for Italy,"
Chapters, in: Ron Martin & Jane Pollard (ed.), Handbook on the Geographies of Money and Finance, chapter 8, pages 156-196,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Luca Papi & Emma Sarno & Alberto Zazzaro, 2015. "The geographical network of bank organizations: issues and evidence for Italy," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 105, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Luca Papi & Emma Sarno & Alberto Zazzaro, 2015. "The Geographical Network of Bank Organizations: Issues and Evidence for Italy," CSEF Working Papers 403, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- repec:ucp:jpolec:doi:10.1086/701684 is not listed on IDEAS
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Robert Clark & Hui Wang, 2016.
"Diversification of geographic risk in retail bank networks: evidence from bank expansion after the Riegle-Neal Act,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 47(3), pages 529-572, August.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Robert Clark & Hui Wang, 2012. "Diversification of Geographic Risk in Retail Bank Networks: Evidence from Bank Expansion after the Riegle-Neal Act," Working Papers tecipa-465, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Aguirregabiria, Victor & Clark, Robert & Wang, Hui, 2014. "Diversification of Geographic Risk in Retail Bank Networks: Evidence from Bank Expansion after the Riegle-Neal Act," CEPR Discussion Papers 9816, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jason Allen & Robert Clark & Jean-François Houde, 2019.
"Search Frictions and Market Power in Negotiated-Price Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 127(4), pages 1550-1598.
- Robert Clark & Jason Allen & Jean-Francois Houde, 2010. "Price negotiation in differentiated product markets: An analysis of the market for insured mortgages in Canada," 2010 Meeting Papers 1072, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jason Allen & Robert Clark & Jean-François Houde, 2012. "Price Negotiation in Differentiated Products Markets: Evidence from the Canadian Mortgage Market," Staff Working Papers 12-30, Bank of Canada.
- Jason Allen & Robert Clark & Jean-Francois Houde, 2018. "Search Frictions And Market Power In Negotiated Price Markets," Working Paper 1403, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Jason Allen & Robert Clark & Jean-François Houde, 2014. "Search Frictions and Market Power in Negotiated Price Markets," NBER Working Papers 19883, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Petkov, Ivan, 2015. "Small Business Lending and the Bank-Branch Network," MPRA Paper 85762, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 13 Oct 2017.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Mankart, Jochen & Michaelides, Alexander & Pagratis, Spyros, 2018. "Bank capital buffers in a dynamic model," Discussion Papers 51/2018, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Alexander Bogin & William Doerner & William Larson, 2019.
"Local House Price Dynamics: New Indices and Stylized Facts,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 47(2), pages 365-398, June.
- Alexander N. Bogin & William M. Doerner & William D. Larson, 2016. "Local House Price Dynamics: New Indices and Stylized Facts," FHFA Staff Working Papers 16-01, Federal Housing Finance Agency.
- Neven, Damien & Roller, Lars-Hendrik, 1999. "An aggregate structural model of competition in the European banking industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 1059-1074, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nuno Paixao, 2018. "Housing Prices and Consumer Spending: The Bank Balance Sheet Channel," 2018 Meeting Papers 1017, Society for Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomies of scope between deposits and loans; Geographic flow of bank funds; Access to credit; Bank oligopoly competition; Branch networks;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2018-04-02 (Banking)
- NEP-COM-2018-04-02 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-URE-2018-04-02 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qed:wpaper:1402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Babcock). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/qedquca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.