Cohesion within the euro area and the U. S.: a wavelet-based view
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- António Rua & Artur Silva Lopes, 2015. "Cohesion within the euro area and the US: A wavelet-based view," OECD Journal: Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis, OECD Publishing, Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys, vol. 2014(2), pages 63-76.
References listed on IDEAS
- Camacho, Maximo & Perez-Quiros, Gabriel & Saiz, Lorena, 2006.
"Are European business cycles close enough to be just one?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 30(9-10), pages 1687-1706.
- Maximo Camacho & Gabriel Perez-Quiros, 2004. "Are European business cycles close enough to be just one?," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 16, Society for Computational Economics.
- Máximo Camacho & Gabriel Pérez-Quirós & Lorena Saiz, 2004. "Are european business cycles close enough to be just one?," Working Papers 0408, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Camacho, Maximo & Pérez-Quirós, Gabriel & Sáiz Matute, Lorena, 2005. "Are European Business Cycles Close Enough to be Just One?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4824, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rua, Antonio & Nunes, Luis C., 2005.
"Coincident and leading indicators for the euro area: A frequency band approach,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 503-523.
- António Rua & Luís Catela Nunes, 2003. "Coincident and Leading Indicators for the Euro Area: A Frequency Band Approach," Working Papers w200307, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Rua, António & Nunes, Luís C., 2009.
"International comovement of stock market returns: A wavelet analysis,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 632-639, September.
- António Rua & Luís Catela Nunes, 2009. "International comovement of stock market returns: a wavelet analysis," Working Papers w200904, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Fabien Tripier, 2002. "The Dynamic Correlation Between Growth and Unemployment," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 5(4), pages 1-9.
- Carlino, Gerald A. & DeFina, Robert H., 2004. "How strong is co-movement in employment over the business cycle? Evidence from state/sector data," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 298-315, March.
- Christophe Croux & Mario Forni & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2001.
"A Measure Of Comovement For Economic Variables: Theory And Empirics,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 232-241, May.
- Croux, Christophe & Forni, Mario & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 1999. "A Measure of Comovement for Economic Variables: Theory and Empirics," CEPR Discussion Papers 2339, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christophe Croux & Mario Forni & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2001. "A measure of co-movement for economic variables: theory and empirics," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10139, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Breitung, Jorg & Candelon, Bertrand, 2006. "Testing for short- and long-run causality: A frequency-domain approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 363-378, June.
- Pakko, Michael R., 2004.
"A spectral analysis of the cross-country consumption correlation puzzle,"
Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 341-347, September.
- Michael R. Pakko, 2004. "A spectral analysis of the cross-country consumption correlation puzzle," Working Papers 2003-023, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Yogo, Motohiro, 2008. "Measuring business cycles: A wavelet analysis of economic time series," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 208-212, August.
- Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Sorensen, Bent E. & Yosha, Oved, 2001. "Economic integration, industrial specialization, and the asymmetry of macroeconomic fluctuations," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 107-137, October.
- Patrick M. Crowley & David G. Mayes, 2009. "How fused is the euro area core?: An evaluation of growth cycle co-movement and synchronization using wavelet analysis," OECD Journal: Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis, OECD Publishing, Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys, vol. 2008(1), pages 63-95.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:5:y:2002:i:4:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patrick M. Crowley, 2007. "A Guide To Wavelets For Economists ," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 207-267, April.
- Eickmeier, Sandra & Breitung, Jorg, 2006. "How synchronized are new EU member states with the euro area? Evidence from a structural factor model," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 538-563, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lubos Hanus & Lukas Vacha, 2015.
"Business cycle synchronization of the Visegrad Four and the European Union,"
Working Papers IES
2015/19, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jul 2015.
- Hanus, Lubos & Vacha, Lukas, 2015. "Business cycle synchronization of the Visegrad Four and the European Union," FinMaP-Working Papers 42, Collaborative EU Project FinMaP - Financial Distortions and Macroeconomic Performance: Expectations, Constraints and Interaction of Agents.
- repec:kap:compec:v:52:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10614-017-9703-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lubos Hanus & Lukas Vacha, 2015. "Business cycle synchronization within the European Union: A wavelet cohesion approach," Papers 1506.03106, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2016.
- António Rua, 2012. "Wavelets in economics," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles and Banco de Portugal Economic Studies, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Kunovac, Davor & Mandler, Martin & Scharnagl, Michael, 2018.
"Financial cycles in euro area economies: A cross-country perspective,"
04/2018, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Davor Kunovac & Martin Mandler & Michael Scharnagl, 2018. "Financial cycles in euro area economies: a cross-country perspective," Working Papers 55, The Croatian National Bank, Croatia.
- repec:bpj:bejmac:v:17:y:2017:i:1:p:15:n:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:74:y:2018:i:c:p:124-141 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Pedro Brinca & Haukur Viðar Guðjónsson & Maria Joana Soares, 2015.
"Optimum Currency Area and Business Cycle Synchronization Across U.S. States,"
NIPE Working Papers
1/2015, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Aguiar-Conraria, Luis & Brinca, Pedro & Gudjonsson, Haukur & Soares, Joana, 2015. "Optimal currency area and business cycle synchronization across U.S. states," MPRA Paper 62125, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mandler, Martin & Scharnagl, Michael, 2019. "Financial cycles across G7 economies: A view from wavelet analysis," Discussion Papers 22/2019, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Rünstler, Gerhard & Balfoussia, Hiona & Burlon, Lorenzo & Buss, Ginters & Comunale, Mariarosaria & De Backer, Bruno & Dewachter, Hans & Guarda, Paolo & Haavio, Markus & Hindrayanto, Irma & Iskrev, Nik, 2018. "Real and financial cycles in EU countries - Stylised facts and modelling implications," Occasional Paper Series 205, European Central Bank.
More about this item
- C40 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - General
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ptu:wpaper:w201204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEE-NTD). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdpgvpt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.