Comparative Advante and Efficient Advertising in the Attention Economy
We analyze the problem that enterprises face when having to decide on the most effective way to advertise several items belonging to their inventories within the company’s webpages. We show that the ability to arbitrarily partition a website among items leads to a comparative advantage among webpages which can be exploited so as to maximize the total utility of the enterprise. This result, which also applies to the case of several competitive providers, is then extended to dynamical scenarios where both the advertising allocation and the exposure levels vary with time.
|Date of creation:||03 Nov 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Falkinger, Josef, 2007.
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 266-294, March.
- Josef Falkinger, 2003. "Attention Economies," CESifo Working Paper Series 1079, CESifo Group Munich.
- Arjo Klamer & Hendrik van Dalen, 2001. "Attention and the art of scientific publishing," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 289-315.
- Arjo Klamer & Hendrik P. van Dalen, 2001. "Attention and the Art of Scientific Publishing," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-022/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Gabaix, Xavier & Laibson, David Isaac & Moloche, Guillermo & Stephen, Weinberg, 2003. "The allocation of attention: theory and evidence," MPRA Paper 47339, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sherwin Rosen, 2005. "Substitution And Division Of Labour," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: An Inframarginal Approach To Trade Theory, chapter 3, pages 29-51 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Substitution and Division of Labour," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 45(179), pages 235-250, August.
- Falkinger, Josef, 2005. "Limited Attention as the Scarce Resource in an Information-Rich Economy," IZA Discussion Papers 1538, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sattinger, Michael, 1978. "Comparative Advantage in Individuals," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(2), pages 259-267, May.
- Gustav Feichtinger & Richard F. Hartl & Suresh P. Sethi, 1994. "Dynamic Optimal Control Models in Advertising: Recent Developments," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(2), pages 195-226, February.
- David M. Levy, 1988. "The Market for Fame and Fortune," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 20(4), pages 615-625, Winter.
- V. Srinivasan, 1976. "Decomposition of a Multi-Period Media Scheduling Model in Terms of Single Period Equivalents," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 349-360, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:928. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.