Investigating the Link Between Foreign direct investment, Energy consumption and Economic growth in Argentina
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hlalefang Khobai & Nomahlubi Mavikela, 2018. "Investigating the Link between Foreign direct investment, Energy consumption and Economic growth in Argentina," Working Papers 1808, Department of Economics, Nelson Mandela University, revised Feb 2018.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Abosedra, Salah & Sbia, Rashid, 2013. "Energy Consumption, Financial Development and Growth: Evidence from Cointegration with unknown Structural breaks in Lebanon," MPRA Paper 46580, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chor Tang & Bee Tan, 2014. "The linkages among energy consumption, economic growth, relative price, foreign direct investment, and financial development in Malaysia," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 781-797, March.
- Ozturk, Ilhan & Aslan, Alper & Kalyoncu, Huseyin, 2010. "Energy consumption and economic growth relationship: Evidence from panel data for low and middle income countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4422-4428, August.
- Farzana Sharmin & Mohammed Robayet Khan & Mohammed Robayet Khan, 2016. "A Causal Relationship between Energy Consumption, Energy Prices and Economic Growth in Africa," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 477-494.
- Korhan Gökmenoğlu & Nigar Taspinar, 2016. "The relationship between Co 2 emissions, energy consumption, economic growth and FDI: the case of Turkey," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(5), pages 706-723, August.
- Zhang, Xing-Ping & Cheng, Xiao-Mei, 2009. "Energy consumption, carbon emissions, and economic growth in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2706-2712, August.
- Belke, Ansgar & Dobnik, Frauke & Dreger, Christian, 2011.
"Energy consumption and economic growth: New insights into the cointegration relationship,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 782-789, September.
- Ansgar Belke & Christian Dreger & Frauke de Haan, 2010. "Energy Consumption and Economic Growth: New Insights into the Cointegration Relationship," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1017, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Belke, Ansgar & Dreger, Christian & de Haan, Frauke, 2010. "Energy Consumption and Economic Growth – New Insights into the Cointegration Relationship," Ruhr Economic Papers 190, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Cheng, Benjamin S. & Lai, Tin Wei, 1997. "An investigation of co-integration and causality between energy consumption and economic activity in Taiwan," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 435-444, October.
- Islam, Faridul & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Ahmed, Ashraf U. & Alam, Md. Mahmudul, 2013.
"Financial development and energy consumption nexus in Malaysia: A multivariate time series analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 435-441.
- Islam, Faridul & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Alam, Mahmudul, 2011. "Financial development and energy consumption nexus in Malaysia: A multivariate time series analysis," MPRA Paper 28403, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dalia M. Ibrahiem, 2015. "Renewable electricity consumption , Foreign direct investment and Economic growth in Egypt: An ARDL approach," Proceedings of Economics and Finance Conferences 2204592, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Khatun, Fahmida & Ahamad, Mazbahul, 2015. "Foreign direct investment in the energy and power sector in Bangladesh: Implications for economic growth," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1369-1377.
- Shahiduzzaman, Md & Alam, Khorshed, 2012. "Cointegration and causal relationships between energy consumption and output: Assessing the evidence from Australia," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2182-2188.
- repec:ris:joefas:0109 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohamed Abdouli and Sami Hammami, 2017. "Exploring Links between FDI Inflows, Energy Consumption, and Economic Growth: Further Evidence from MENA Countries," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 42(1), pages 95-117, March.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Payne, James E., 2009. "Energy consumption and economic growth in Central America: Evidence from a panel cointegration and error correction model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 211-216.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2010. "The impact of financial development on energy consumption in emerging economies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2528-2535, May.
- repec:tou:journl:v:46:y:2017:p:59-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anthony N. Rezitis & Shaikh Mostak Ahammad, 2015. "The Relationship between Energy Consumption and Economic Growth in South and Southeast Asian Countries: A Panel Vector Autoregression Approach and Causality Analysis," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(3), pages 704-715.
- Adams, Samuel, 2009. "Foreign Direct investment, domestic investment, and economic growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 939-949, November.
- Akinlo, A.E., 2008. "Energy consumption and economic growth: Evidence from 11 Sub-Sahara African countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2391-2400, September.
- Omri, Anis & Kahouli, Bassem, 2014.
"Causal relationships between energy consumption, foreign direct investment and economic growth: Fresh evidence from dynamic simultaneous-equations models,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 913-922.
- Omri, Anis & Kahouli, Bassem, 2013. "Causal relationships between energy consumption, foreign direct investment and economic growth: Fresh evidence from dynamic simultaneous-equations models," MPRA Paper 82502, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Nov 2013.
- Kevin Sylwester, 2005. "Foreign direct investment, growth and income inequality in less developed countries," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 289-300.
- Doaa M. Salman & Eyad M. Atya, 2014. "What is the role of Financial Development and Energy Consumption on Economic Growth? New Evidence from North African Countries," International Journal of Finance & Banking Studies, Center for the Strategic Studies in Business and Finance, vol. 3(1), pages 137-148, January.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy consumption; Foreign direct investment; Economic growth; ARDL;
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:83960. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .