Nash-2 equilibrium: selective farsightedness under uncertain response
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marina Sandomirskaia, 2019. "Nash-2 Equilibrium: Selective Farsightedness Under Uncertain Response," Group Decision and Negotiation, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 275-304, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Larbi Alaoui & Antonio Penta, 2016.
"Endogenous Depth of Reasoning,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 83(4), pages 1297-1333.
- Larbi Alaoui & Antonio Penta, 2012. "Endogenous depth of reasoning," Economics Working Papers 1332, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Mar 2014.
- Larbi Alaoui & Antonio Penta, 2014. "Endogenous Depth of Reasoning," Working Papers 653, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Claude d'Aspremont & Rodolphe Dos Santos Ferreira & Louis-André Gérard-Varet, 2007.
"Competition For Market Share Or For Market Size: Oligopolistic Equilibria With Varying Competitive Toughness,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(3), pages 761-784, August.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & DOS SANTOS-FERREIRA, Rodolphe & GÉRARD-VARET, Louis-André, 2003. "Competition for market share or for market size: oligopolistic equilibria with varying competitive toughness," CORE Discussion Papers 2003010, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- dâ€™ASPREMONT, Claude & DOS SANTOS FERREIRA, Rodolphe & GERARD-VARET, Louis-AndrÃ©, 2007. "Competition for market share or for market size: oligopolistic equilibria with varying competitive toughness," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1973, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Aumann, Robert J., 1974.
"Subjectivity and correlation in randomized strategies,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 67-96, March.
- AUMANN, Robert J., 1974. "Subjectivity and correlation in randomized strategies," CORE Discussion Papers RP 167, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- R. Aumann, 2010. "Subjectivity and Correlation in Randomized Strategies," Levine's Working Paper Archive 389, David K. Levine.
- MOULIN,Â HervÃ© & VIAL, Jean-Philippe, 1978. "Strategically zero-sum games: the class of games whose completely mixed equilibria connot be improved upon," CORE Discussion Papers RP 359, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Baye, Michael R & Kovenock, Dan & de Vries, Casper G, 1994. "The Solution to the Tullock Rent-Seeking Game When R Is Greater Than 2: Mixed-Strategy Equilibria and Mean Dissipation Rates," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 81(3-4), pages 363-380, December.
- Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean, 1988.
"A Theory of Dynamic Oligopoly, I: Overview and Quantity Competition with Large Fixed Costs,"
Econometric Society, vol. 56(3), pages 549-569, May.
- J. Tirole & E. Maskin, 1982. "A Theory of Dynamic Oligopoly, I: Overview and Quantity Competition with Large-Fixed Costs," Working papers 320, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Eric Maskin & Jean Tirole, 2010. "A Theory of Dynamic Oligopoly, 1: Overview and Quantity Competition with Large Fixed Costs," Levine's Working Paper Archive 397, David K. Levine.
- Binmore, Ken, 1988. "Modeling Rational Players: Part II," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(01), pages 9-55, April.
- Stahl Dale O., 1993. "Evolution of Smartn Players," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 604-617, October.
- Vincent P. Crawford & Miguel A. Costa-Gomes & Nagore Iriberri, 2013. "Structural Models of Nonequilibrium Strategic Thinking: Theory, Evidence, and Applications," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(1), pages 5-62, March.
- Kawagoe, Toshiji & Takizawa, Hirokazu, 2009. "Equilibrium refinement vs. level-k analysis: An experimental study of cheap-talk games with private information," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 238-255, May.
- Dockner, Engelbert J, 1992. "A Dynamic Theory of Conjectural Variations," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 377-395, December.
- Michael R. Baye & John Morgan & Patrick Scholten, 2006. "Information, Search, and Price Dispersion," Working Papers 2006-11, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Fang, Liping & Hipel, Keith W. & Kilgour, D. Marc, 1989. "Conflict models in graph form: Solution concepts and their interrelationships," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 86-100, July.
- Cabral, Luis M. B., 1995. "Conjectural variations as a reduced form," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 397-402, October.
- Marina S. Sandomirskaia, 2014. "A Model Of Tacit Collusion: Nash-2 Equilibrium Concept," HSE Working papers WP BRP 70/EC/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Colin F. Camerer & Teck-Hua Ho & Juin-Kuan Chong, 2004. "A Cognitive Hierarchy Model of Games," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(3), pages 861-898.
More about this item
KeywordsIterated thinking; Improving deviation; Direct competitor; Heterogeneous farsightedness; Tacit collusion;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2017-12-18 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-GTH-2017-12-18 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2017-12-18 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:83152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.