The influence of parental divorce, parental temporary separation and parental relationship quality on children’s school readiness
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brienna Perelli-Harris, 2014. "How Similar are Cohabiting and Married Parents? Second Conception Risks by Union Type in the United States and Across Europe," European Journal of Population, Springer;European Association for Population Studies, vol. 30(4), pages 437-464, November.
- Weihua Cao & Anastasios A. Tsiatis & Marie Davidian, 2009. "Improving efficiency and robustness of the doubly robust estimator for a population mean with incomplete data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 96(3), pages 723-734.
- Kiernan, Kathleen E. & Huerta, Maria Carmen, 2008. "Economic deprivation, maternal depression, parenting and children's cognitive and emotional development in early childhood," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 43720, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:cai:poeine:pope_203_0447 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ruth X. Liu & Zeng‐yin Chen, 2006. "The Effects of Marital Conflict and Marital Disruption on Depressive Affect: A Comparison Between Women In and Out of Poverty," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 87(2), pages 250-271, June.
- Paul Allin & David J. Hand, 2017. "New statistics for old?—measuring the wellbeing of the UK," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 180(1), pages 3-43, January.
- Glynn, Adam N. & Quinn, Kevin M., 2010. "An Introduction to the Augmented Inverse Propensity Weighted Estimator," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 36-56, January.
- Michael Gähler & Eva-Lisa Palmtag, 2015. "Parental Divorce, Psychological Well-Being and Educational Attainment: Changed Experience, Unchanged Effect Among Swedes Born 1892–1991," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 123(2), pages 601-623, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Thomas Leopold & Matthijs Kalmijn, 2016. "Is Divorce More Painful When Couples Have Children? Evidence From Long-Term Panel Data on Multiple Domains of Well-being," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(6), pages 1717-1742, December.
- Yu, Linyue & Wilcox-Gök, Virginia, 2015. "The impact of maternal depression on children’s cognitive development: An analysis based on panel quantile regressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 107-109.
- Sara McLanahan, 2009. "Children in Fragile Families," Working Papers 1191, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Li Liang & Greene Tom, 2013. "A Weighting Analogue to Pair Matching in Propensity Score Analysis," The International Journal of Biostatistics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 215-234, July.
- Fauth, Rebecca & Parsons, Samantha & Platt, Lucinda, 2014. "Convergence or divergence?: a longitudinal analysis of behaviour problems among disabled and non-disabled children aged 3 to 7 in England," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59659, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Satoshi Hattori & Masayuki Henmi, 2014. "Stratified doubly robust estimators for the average causal effect," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 70(2), pages 270-277, June.
- Konan Alain N'ghauran & Corinne Autant-Bernard, 2020. "Assessing the collaboration and network additionality of innovation policies: a counterfactual approach to the French cluster policy," Working Papers halshs-02482546, HAL.
- Kate H. Choi & Rachel E. Goldberg, 2020. "The Social Significance of Interracial Cohabitation: Inferences Based on Fertility Behavior," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 57(5), pages 1727-1751, October.
- Moritz Schularick & Ilhyock Shim, 2017. "Household credit in Asia-Pacific," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Financial systems and the real economy, volume 91, pages 129-144, Bank for International Settlements.
- Hai‐Anh Dang & Dean Jolliffe & Calogero Carletto, 2019.
"Data Gaps, Data Incomparability, And Data Imputation: A Review Of Poverty Measurement Methods For Data‐Scarce Environments,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(3), pages 757-797, July.
- Dang,Hai-Anh H. & Jolliffe,Dean Mitchell & Carletto,Calogero & Dang,Hai-Anh H. & Jolliffe,Dean Mitchell & Carletto,Calogero, 2017. "Data gaps, data incomparability, and data imputation : a review of poverty measurement methods for data-scarce environments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8282, The World Bank.
- Dang, Hai-Anh & Jolliffe, Dean & Carletto, Calogero, 2018. "Data Gaps, Data Incomparability, and Data Imputation: A Review of Poverty Measurement Methods for Data-Scarce Environments," GLO Discussion Paper Series 179, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Hai-Anh Dang & Dean Jolliffe & Calogero Carletto, 2018. "Data gaps, data incomparability, and data imputation: A review of poverty measurement methods for data-scarce environments," Working Papers 456, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Kelly Musick & Katherine Michelmore, 2018. "Cross-National Comparisons of Union Stability in Cohabiting and Married Families With Children," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 55(4), pages 1389-1421, August.
- Martin Halla & Wolfgang Frimmel & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2016.
"How Does Parental Divorce Affect Children's Long-term Outcomes?,"
CDL Aging, Health, Labor working papers
2016-03, The Christian Doppler (CD) Laboratory Aging, Health, and the Labor Market, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Frimmel, Wolfgang & Halla, Martin & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2016. "How Does Parental Divorce Affect Children's Long-term Outcomes?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11339, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frimmel, Wolfgang & Halla, Martin & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2016. "How Does Parental Divorce Affect Children's Long-term Outcomes?," IZA Discussion Papers 9928, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Martin Halla & Wolfgang Frimmel & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2016. "How Does Parental Divorce Affect Children's Long-term Outcomes?," Economics working papers 2016-04, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Wolfgang Frimmel & Martin Halla & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2016. "How Does Parental Divorce Affect Children's Long-term Outcomes?," Working Papers 2016-13, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Sokbae Lee & Ryo Okui & Yoonâ€ Jae Whang, 2017.
"Doubly robust uniform confidence band for the conditional average treatment effect function,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(7), pages 1207-1225, November.
- Sokbae (Simon) Lee & Ryo Okui & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2016. "Doubly robust uniform confidence band for the conditional average treatment effect function," CeMMAP working papers CWP03/16, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Lee, Sokbae & Okui, Ryo & Whang, Yoon-Jae, 2017. "Doubly robust uniform confidence band for the conditional average treatment effect function," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86852, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sokbae Lee & Ryo Okui & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2016. "Doubly Robust Uniform Confidence Band For The Conditional Average Treatment Effect Function," KIER Working Papers 931, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Sokbae Lee & Ryo Okui & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2016. "Doubly Robust Uniform Confidence Band for the Conditional Average Treatment Effect Function," Papers 1601.02801, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2016.
- Hao Cheng & Ying Wei, 2018. "A fast imputation algorithm in quantile regression," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 1589-1603, December.
- Eiji Yamamura & Yoshiro Tsutsui, 2017. "Gap of height and education within couple and its effect on conflict and evaluation about partners: psychological cost of division of labor within household," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 17-35, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Iván Díaz & Elizabeth Colantuoni & Daniel F. Hanley & Michael Rosenblum, 2019. "Improved precision in the analysis of randomized trials with survival outcomes, without assuming proportional hazards," Lifetime Data Analysis: An International Journal Devoted to Statistical Methods and Applications for Time-to-Event Data, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 439-468, July.
- Xiaogang Duan & Guosheng Yin, 2017. "Ensemble Approaches to Estimating the Population Mean with Missing Response," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 44(4), pages 899-917, December.
- Callum Rutherford & Helen Sharp & Jonathan Hill & Andrew Pickles & David Taylor-Robinson, 2019. "How does perinatal maternal mental health explain early social inequalities in child behavioural and emotional problems? Findings from the Wirral Child Health and Development Study," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(5), pages 1-14, May.
- Sarah Atkinson & Anne-Marie Bagnall & Rhiannon Corcoran & Jane South & Sarah Curtis, 2020. "Being Well Together: Individual Subjective and Community Wellbeing," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 21(5), pages 1903-1921, June.
- Roberta Rutigliano & Gøsta Esping-Andersen, 2018. "Partnership Choice and Childbearing in Norway and Spain," European Journal of Population, Springer;European Association for Population Studies, vol. 34(3), pages 367-386, August.
More about this item
Keywordschildren's school readiness; parental divorce; parental temporary separation; missing values; parental relationship quality; robust estimator.;
All these keywords.
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:82892. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.