Global models and North-South relations
Global modeling has evolved remarkably in the last two decades. Such evolution led it to perform today's role as an experimental laboratory for the social sciences, and particularly for applications to policy planning. Two of the most interesting applications to policy are to resource economics and to economic models of North-South relations i.e., the the relationships between industrial and developing countries. Examples of North-South policy issues instigated by global modeling are developed in the context of a United Nations Model of Technology and North South Relations which evolved from the Bariloche global model. Further applications of global modeling are then outlined.
|Date of creation:||1990|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in International Political Science Review No. 2.11(1990): pp. 177-185|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 1984. "North-South trade and exported-led policies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-3), pages 131-160.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1977. "The future of the world economy+," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 171-182.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 1986. "A general equilibrium theory of North-South trade," MPRA Paper 8810, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 1984. "The transfer problem in stable markets : A rejoinder to rejoinders," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 319-320, December.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 1980. "Basic goods, the effects of commodity transfers and the international economic order," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 505-519, December.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 1981. "Terms of trade and domestic distribution : Export-led growth with abundant labour," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 163-192, April.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela & McLeod, D., 1984. "Agricultural productivity and trade: Argentina and the U.S.A," MPRA Paper 8081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Partha Dasgupta & Geoffrey Heal & Joseph E. Stiflitx, 1980. "The Taxation of Exhaustible Resources," NBER Working Papers 0436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela & Heal, Geoffrey & McLeod, Darryl, 1983. "Resources, trade and debt: the case of Mexico," MPRA Paper 8074, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:8126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.