Decomposition of external capital inflows and outflows in the small open transition economy (The case analysis of the Slovak republic)
The main objective of the proceeding is to perform a logical decomposition of the structure of external capital inflows and outflows in the Slovak republic in order to analyze the main trends in the external financial integration and its development through the period of 1994-2006. In order to fulfill our objective we observe the changes in the structure of external financial assets and liabilities in order to provide the explanation of main trends in the external capital portfolio of the Slovak republic. Finally, we explore the implications of the accumulated stock of external capital for future trade and current account balances.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2001. "Financial Policies and the Prevention of Financial Crises in Emerging Market Countries," NBER Working Papers 8087, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 2005.
"Has financial development made the world riskier?,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Aug, pages 313-369.
- János Kornai, 2006. "The great transformation of central and eastern Europe: success and disappointment," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2006(4), pages 435-466.
- Josef C. Brada & Vladimír Tomšík, 2004. "Foreign investment and perceptions of vulnerability to foreign exchange crises: evidence from transition economies," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2004(3), pages 313-329.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2000.
"The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?,"
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1998. "The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt3kn3n2s8, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Maurice Obstfeld., 1998. "The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C98-098, University of California at Berkeley.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1998. "The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?," NBER Working Papers 6559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philip R. Lane & Gian-Maria Milesi-Ferretti, 2003.
"International Financial Integration,"
IMF Working Papers
03/86, International Monetary Fund.
- Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, & Philip R. Lane, 2003. "International Financial Integration," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp03, IIIS.
- Philip R. Lane & G.M. Milesi-Ferretti, 2003. "International Financial Integration," Trinity Economics Papers 20031, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Lane, Philip R. & Milesi-Ferretti, Gian Maria, 2003. "International Financial Integration," CEPR Discussion Papers 3769, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bussière, Matthieu & Fratzscher, Marcel & Müller, Gernot J., 2004. "Current accounts dynamics in OECD and EU acceding countries - an intertemporal approach," Working Paper Series 0311, European Central Bank.
- Jaromír Šindel, 2005. "The current account imbalance in the euro area member countries," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2005(2).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:7248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.