Testing for long memory in ISE using Arfima-Figarch model and structural break test
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jussi Tolvi, 2003. "Long memory in a small stock market," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 7(3), pages 1-13.
- A. Assaf, 2007. "Fractional integration in the equity markets of MENA region," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(9), pages 709-723.
- Leïla Nouira & Ibrahim Ahamada & Jamel Jouini & Alain Nurbel, 2004. "Long memory and shifts in the unconditional variance in the exchange rate euro/us dollar returns," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00272871, HAL.
- Gil-Alana, L.A., 2006. "Fractional integration in daily stock market indexes," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 28-48.
- Daniel Cajueiro & Benjamin Tabak, 2006. "The long-range dependence phenomena in asset returns: the Chinese case," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 131-133.
- Lux, Thomas & Kaizoji, Taisei, 2007.
"Forecasting volatility and volume in the Tokyo Stock Market: Long memory, fractality and regime switching,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1808-1843, June.
- Thomas Lux & Taisei Kaizoji, 2006. "Forecasting Volatility and Volume in the Tokyo Stock Market: Long Memory, Fractality and Regime Switching," Working Papers wpn06-04, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Taisei Kaizoji & Thomas Lux, 2006. "Forecasting Volatility and Volume in the Tokyo Stock Market: Long Memory, Fractality and Regime Switching," Working Papers wp06-20, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Lux, Thomas & Kaizoji, Taisei, 2006. "Forecasting volatility and volume in the Tokyo stock market: Long memory, fractality and regime switching," Economics Working Papers 2006-13, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Marcelo Resende & Nilson Teixeira, 2002. "Permanent structural changes in the Brazilian economy and long memory: a stock market perspective," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(6), pages 373-375.
- Christos Christodoulou-Volos & Fotios Siokis, 2006. "Long range dependence in stock market returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(18), pages 1331-1338.
- Dimitrios Vougas, 2004. "Analysing long memory and volatility of returns in the Athens stock exchange," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(6), pages 457-460.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Bollerslev, Tim & Mikkelsen, Hans Ole, 1996.
"Fractionally integrated generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 3-30, September.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Baillie, Bollerslev, Mikkelson FIGARCH results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00009, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Andreu Sansó & Vicent Aragó & Josep Lluís Carrion, 2003. "Testing for Changes in the Unconditional Variance of Financial Time Series," DEA Working Papers 5, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Leila Nouira & Ibrahim Ahamada & Jamel Jouini & Alain Nurbel, 2004. "Long-memory and shifts in the unconditional variance in the exchange rate euro/US dollar returns," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(9), pages 591-594.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- John Barkoulas & Christopher Baum & Nickolaos Travlos, 2000. "Long memory in the Greek stock market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 177-184.
- David McMillan & Pako Thupayagale, 2008. "Efficiency of the South African equity market," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 4(5), pages 327-330.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:7:y:2003:i:3:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis Gil-Alana, 2004. "Long range dependence in daily stock returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(6), pages 375-383.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pece Andreea Maria & Ludusan (Corovei) Emilia Anuta & Mutu Simona, 2013. "Testing The Long Range-Dependence For The Central Eastern European And The Balkans Stock Markets," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 1113-1124, July.
- Hiremath, Gourishankar S & Bandi, Kamaiah, 2010. "Long Memory in Stock Market Volatility:Evidence from India," MPRA Paper 48519, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spt:apfiba:v:7:y:2017:i:4:f:7_4_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sándor Kovács & Prasert Chaitip & Chukiat Chaiboonsri & Péter Balogh, 2012. "The Long Memory Property of Hungarian Market Pig Prices: A Comparison of Three Different Methods," Annals of the University of Petrosani, Economics, University of Petrosani, Romania, vol. 12(3), pages 123-138.
- Cevik, Emrah Ismail & Topaloğlu, Gültekin, 2014.
"Volatilitede uzun hafıza ve yapısal kırılma: Borsa Istanbul örneği
[Long memory and structural breaks on volatility: evidence from Borsa Istanbul]," MPRA Paper 71485, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2014.
- Cevik, Emrah Ismail, 2012.
"İstanbul Menkul Kıymetler Borsası’nda etkin piyasa hipotezinin uzun hafıza modelleri ile analizi: sektörel bazda bir inceleme
[The testing of efficient market hypothesis in the Istanbul Stock Excha," MPRA Paper 71484, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Yalama, Abdullah & Celik, Sibel, 2013. "Real or spurious long memory characteristics of volatility: Empirical evidence from an emerging market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 67-72.
More about this item
KeywordsLong memory; structural breaks in variance; Figarch model;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:71302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.