Analyse Risk-Return Paradox: Evidence from Electricity Sector of Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Naqi Shah, Sadia & Qayyum, Abdul, 2016. "Analyse Risk-Return Paradox: Evidence from Electricity Sector of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 85528, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Usman Ahmad, 2008.
"Energy Demand in Pakistan: A Disaggregate Analysis,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 47(4), pages 437-455.
- Khan, Muhammad Arshad & Ahmed, Usman, 2009. "Energy Demand in Pakistan: A Disaggregate Analysis," MPRA Paper 15369, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arshad Khan, Muhammad & Ahmed, Usman, 2009. "Energy Demand in Pakistan: A Disaggregate Analysis," MPRA Paper 15056, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nyberg, Henri, 2012. "Risk-Return Tradeoff in U.S. Stock Returns over the Business Cycle," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 47(01), pages 137-158, April.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Asiya Sohail & Attiya Yasmin Javid, 2014. "The Global Financial Crisis and Investors’ Behaviour; Evidence from the Karachi Stock Exchange," PIDE-Working Papers 2014:106, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Afia Malik, 2012. "Power Crisis in Pakistan: A Crisis in Governance?," PIDE Monograph Series 2012:4, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Sahir, Mukhtar H. & Qureshi, Arshad H., 2007. "Specific concerns of Pakistan in the context of energy security issues and geopolitics of the region," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2031-2037, April.
- Sheikh, Munawar A., 2010. "Energy and renewable energy scenario of Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 354-363, January.
- Ghysels, Eric & Guérin, Pierre & Marcellino, Massimiliano, 2014.
"Regime switches in the risk–return trade-off,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 118-138.
- Eric Ghysels & Pierre Guérin & Massimiliano Marcellino, 2013. "Regime Switches in the Risk-Return Trade-Off," Staff Working Papers 13-51, Bank of Canada.
- Ghysels, Eric & Guérin, Pierre & Marcellino, Massimiliano, 2013. "Regime Switches in the Risk-Return Trade-off," CEPR Discussion Papers 9698, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Daniel B. Nelson, 1994. "Asymptotically Optimal Smoothing with ARCH Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0161, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-887, September.
- repec:bla:joares:v:21:y:1983:i:1:p:308-316 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pid:wpaper:2012:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lanne, Markku & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2006. "Why is it so difficult to uncover the risk-return tradeoff in stock returns?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 118-125, July.
- Engle, Robert F & Lilien, David M & Robins, Russell P, 1987. "Estimating Time Varying Risk Premia in the Term Structure: The Arch-M Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 391-407, March.
- Kinnunen, Jyri, 2014. "Risk-return trade-off and serial correlation: Do volume and volatility matter?," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 1-19.
- Muhammad Ibrahim Abdullah & Liu Wei & Waseem Anwar & Umair Saeed Bhutta, 2013. "Energy Crisis and Performance of Industry of Pakistan: An Empirical Study," Bulletin of Energy Economics (BEE), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 1(3), pages 21-27, September.
- Enrique Salvador, 2012. "The Risk-Return Trade-Off in Emerging Markets," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(6), pages 106-128, November.
- John Cotter & Enrique Salvador, 2014.
"The non-linear trade-off between return and risk: a regime-switching multi-factor framework,"
- John Cotter & Enrique Salvador, 2014. "The non-linear trade-off between return and risk: a regime-switching multi-factor framework," Working Papers 201414, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
More about this item
KeywordsGARCH test; Risk return relation; Paradox; GARCH-M; Pakistan;
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:68783. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.