Why is it so difficult to uncover the risk-return tradeoff in stock returns?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-887, September.
- Fiorentini, Gabriele & Sentana, Enrique & Calzolari, Giorgio, 2003.
"Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference in Multivariate Conditionally Heteroscedastic Dynamic Regression Models with Student t Innovations,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 21(4), pages 532-546, October.
- Gabriele Fiorentini & Enrique Sentana & Giorgio Calzolari, 2000. "The Score Of Conditionally Heteroskedastic Dynamic Regression Models With Student T Innovations, An Lm Test For Multivariate Normality," Working Papers. Serie AD 2000-33, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Fiorentini, G. & Sentana, E. & Calzolari, G., 2000. "The Score of Condionally Heteroskedastic Dynamic Regression Models with Student T Innovations, and an LM Test for Multivariate Normality," Papers 0007, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Saikkonen, Pentti, 1989. "Asymptotic relative efficiency of the classical test statistics under misspecification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 351-369, November.
- French, Kenneth R. & Schwert, G. William & Stambaugh, Robert F., 1987. "Expected stock returns and volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-29, September.
- Engle, Robert F & Lilien, David M & Robins, Russell P, 1987. "Estimating Time Varying Risk Premia in the Term Structure: The Arch-M Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 391-407, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lanne, Markku & Luoto, Jani, 2008.
"Robustness of the risk-return relationship in the U.S. stock market,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 118-127, June.
- Lanne, Markku & Luoto, Jani, 2007. "Robustness of the Risk-Return Relationship in the U.S. Stock Market," MPRA Paper 3879, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Conrad & Karin Loch, 2015. "Anticipating Long‐Term Stock Market Volatility," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(7), pages 1090-1114, November.
- Hedegaard, Esben & Hodrick, Robert J., 2016.
"Estimating the risk-return trade-off with overlapping data inference,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 135-145.
- Esben Hedegaard & Robert J. Hodrick, 2014. "Estimating the Risk-Return Trade-off with Overlapping Data Inference," NBER Working Papers 19969, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Naqi Shah, Sadia & Qayyum, Abdul, 2016.
"Analyse Risk-Return Paradox: Evidence from Electricity Sector of Pakistan,"
85528, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Naqi Shah, Sadia & Qayyum, Abdul, 2016. "Analyse Risk-Return Paradox: Evidence from Electricity Sector of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 68783, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Laakkonen Helinä & Lanne Markku, 2009.
"Asymmetric News Effects on Exchange Rate Volatility: Good vs. Bad News in Good vs. Bad Times,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics,
De Gruyter, vol. 14(1), pages 1-38, December.
- Laakkonen, Helinä & Lanne, Markku, 2008. "Asymmetric News Effects on Volatility: Good vs. Bad News in Good vs. Bad Times," MPRA Paper 8296, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Esben Hedegaard & Robert J. Hodrick, 2014. "Measuring the Risk-Return Tradeoff with Time-Varying Conditional Covariances," NBER Working Papers 20245, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Okou, Cédric & Jacquier, Éric, 2016. "Horizon effect in the term structure of long-run risk-return trade-offs," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 445-466.
- Michelfelder, Richard A., 2015. "Empirical analysis of the generalized consumption asset pricing model: Estimating the cost of capital," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 37-50.
- Pauline Ahern & Frank Hanley & Richard Michelfelder, 2011. "New approach to estimating the cost of common equity capital for public utilities," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 261-278, December.
- Nyberg, Henri, 2010. "QR-GARCH-M Model for Risk-Return Tradeoff in U.S. Stock Returns and Business Cycles," MPRA Paper 23724, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antell, Jan & Vaihekoski, Mika, 2012.
"Pricing currency risk in the stock market: Evidence from Finland and Sweden 1970–2009,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 120-136.
- Jan Antell & Mika Vaihekoski, 2011. "Pricing currency risk in the stock market: Empirical evidence from Finland and Sweden 1970-2009," Discussion Papers 63, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Emma M. Iglesias & Garry D. A. Phillips, 2012. "Estimation, Testing, and Finite Sample Properties of Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimators in GARCH-M Models," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(5), pages 532-557, September.
- Kanas, Angelos, 2012. "Modelling the risk–return relation for the S&P 100: The role of VIX," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 795-809.
- Wu, Shue-Jen & Lee, Wei-Ming, 2015. "Intertemporal risk–return relationships in bull and bear markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 308-325.
- Huang, Lin & Wang, Zijun, 2014. "Is the investment factor a proxy for time-varying investment opportunities? The US and international evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 219-232.
- Guo, Hui & Neely, Christopher J., 2008.
"Investigating the intertemporal risk-return relation in international stock markets with the component GARCH model,"
Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 371-374, May.
- Hui Guo & Christopher J. Neely, 2006. "Investigating the intertemporal risk-return relation in international stock markets with the component GARCH model," Working Papers 2006-006, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Jiranyakul, Komain, 2011. "On the Risk-Return Tradeoff in the Stock Exchange of Thailand: New Evidence," MPRA Paper 45583, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rapach, David & Zhou, Guofu, 2013. "Forecasting Stock Returns," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, Elsevier.
- Mohanty, Roshni & P, Srinivasan, 2014. "The Time-Varying Risk and Return Trade Off in Indian Stock Markets," MPRA Paper 55660, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cédric Okou & Éric Jacquier, 2014. "Horizon Effect in the Term Structure of Long-Run Risk-Return Trade-Offs," CIRANO Working Papers 2014s-36, CIRANO.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:92:y:2006:i:1:p:118-125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.