Islamic monetary policy: Is there an alternative of interest rate?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Obiyathulla Ismath Bacha, 2008.
"The Islamic inter bank money market and a dual banking system: the Malaysian experience,"
International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(3), pages 210-226, August.
- Bacha, Obiyathulla I., 2008. "The Islamic Inter bank Money Market and a Dual Banking System : The Malaysian Experience," MPRA Paper 12699, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2008.
- Mirakhor, Abbas, 1996. "Cost Of Capital And Investment In A Non-Interest Economy," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 4, pages 35-47.
- Choudhry, Nurun N. & Mirakhor, Abbas, 1997. "Indirect Instruments Of Monetary Control In An Islamic Financial System," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 4, pages 28-65.
- Woodford, Michael & WALSH, CARL E., 2005. "Interest And Prices: Foundations Of A Theory Of Monetary Policy," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 462-468, June.
- Chapra, Muhammad Umer, 1996. "Monetary Management In An Islamic Economy," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 4, pages 2-35.
- Hanif, M. Nadim & Sheikh, Salman, 2009. "Central banking and monetary management in islamic financial environment," MPRA Paper 22907, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 25 May 2010.
- Tahir, Sayyid, 2013. "Fiscal and Monetary Policies in Islamic Economics: Contours of an Institutional Framework," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 21, pages 1-22.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary Policy; Islamic Monetary Policy; Real Interest Rate; GDP Growth Rate; Inflation; Real Exchange Rate; Gross Savings; Foreign Direct Investment and Gross National Income;
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
- N1 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2015-11-15 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2015-11-15 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2015-11-15 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:67697. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.