Do US policy uncertainty, leveraging costs and global risk aversion impact emerging market equities? An application of bounds testing approach to the BRICS
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Aloui, Riadh & Aïssa, Mohamed Safouane Ben & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2011.
"Global financial crisis, extreme interdependences, and contagion effects: The role of economic structure?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 130-141, January.
- Riadh Aloui & Mohamed Safouane Ben Aissa & Khuong Nguyen Duc, 2010. "Global Financial Crisis, Extreme Interdependences, and Contagion E§ects: The Role of Economic Structure," Working Papers 15, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Hausman, Joshua & Wongswan, Jon, 2011. "Global asset prices and FOMC announcements," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 547-571, April.
- Stelios D. Bekiros, 2013. "Decoupling and the Spillover Effects of the US Financial Crisis: Evidence from the BRIC Markets," Working Paper series 21_13, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Bansal, Ravi & Khatchatrian, Varoujan & Yaron, Amir, 2005.
"Interpretable asset markets?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 531-560, April.
- Ravi Bansal & Varoujan Khatachtrian & Amir Yaron, 2002. "Interpretable Asset Markets?," NBER Working Papers 9383, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ravi Bansal & Varoujan Khatchatrian & Amir Yaron, 2004. "Interpretable Asset Markets?," 2004 Meeting Papers 136b, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ahmad Abd Halim & Mohd Daud Siti Nurazira & Marzuki Ainulashikin, 2008. "Sovereign Credit Ratings and Macroeconomic Variables: An Empirical Analysis on Dynamic Linkages in Malaysia Using Bound Test Approach," The IUP Journal of Applied Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(6), pages 29-39, November.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Goodness C. Aye & Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Nicholas Kilimani & Amandine Nakumuryango & Siobhan Redford, 2014.
"Predicting BRICS stock returns using ARFIMA models,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(17), pages 1159-1166, September.
- Goodness C. Aye & Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Nicholas Kilimani & Amandine Nakumuryango & Siobhan Redford, 2012. "Predicting BRICS Stock Returns Using ARFIMA Models," Working Papers 201235, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Berger, Dave & Turtle, H.J., 2011. "Emerging market crises and US equity market returns," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 32-41.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:mulfin:v:40:y:2017:i:c:p:92-102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chuliá, Helena & Gupta, Rangan & Uribe, Jorge M. & Wohar, Mark E., 2017.
"Impact of US uncertainties on emerging and mature markets: Evidence from a quantile-vector autoregressive approach,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 178-191.
- Helena Chuliá & Rangan Gupta & Jorge M. Uribe & Mark E. Wohar, 2016. "Impact of US Uncertainties on Emerging and Mature Markets: Evidence from a Quantile-Vector Autoregressive Approach," Working Papers 201656, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Christou, Christina & Cunado, Juncal & Gupta, Rangan & Hassapis, Christis, 2017.
"Economic policy uncertainty and stock market returns in PacificRim countries: Evidence based on a Bayesian panel VAR model,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 92-102.
- Christina Christou & Juncal Cunado & Rangan Gupta & Christis Hassapis, 2016. "Economic Policy Uncertainty and Stock Market Returns in Pacific-Rim Countries: Evidence based on a Bayesian Panel VAR Model," Working Papers 201661, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Christina Christou & Rangan Gupta, 2016. "Forecasting Equity Premium in a Panel of OECD Countries: The Role of Economic Policy Uncertainty," Working Papers 201622, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsUS Policy Uncertainty; Risk Aversion; Leverage; Emerging Market Equities; BRICS;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-08-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2015-08-01 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-MAC-2015-08-01 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:65834. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .