Time Use Research and Time Use Data Actual Topics and New Frontiers
This paper is asking about the actual used and appropriate data for recent substantive time use research. Emphasis is laid on both, macroanalytic and microanalytic approaches. However, the focus is on microeconomic approaches with topics on time use in the labour market (labour supply) and household production including the shadow pricing of unpaid work. Based on a structured survey about time use research and their data, actual topics, advantages and disadvantages of the data connected with the requirements on the research frontier and hints for further needs and developments are discussed.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Flood, Lennart & Gråsjö, Urban, 1998. "Regression Analysis and Time Use Data A Comparison of Microeconometric Approaches with Data from the Swedish Time Use Survey (HUS)," Working Papers in Economics 5, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Klevmarken, Anders, 1998.
"Microeconomic Analysis of Time-use Data. Did we reach the promised land?,"
Working Paper Series
1998:12, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Klevmarken, N.A., 1998. "Microeconomic Analysis of Time-Use Data. Did We Reach the Promised Land?," Papers 1998-12, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Juster, F Thomas & Stafford, Frank P, 1991.
"The Allocation of Time: Empirical Findings, Behavioral Models, and Problems of Measurement,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 471-522, June.
- Juster, F. Thomas & Stafford, Frank P., 1990. "The Allocation of Time: Empirical Findings, Behavioural Models, and Problems of Measurement," Working Paper Series 258, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:6347. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.