Do Small Farmers Borrow Less when the Lending rate Increases? The Case of Rice Farming in the Philippines
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Morduch, 1999. "The Microfinance Promise," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1569-1614, December.
- Conning, Jonathan & Udry, Christopher, 2007. "Rural Financial Markets in Developing Countries," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Dehejia, Rajeev & Montgomery, Heather & Morduch, Jonathan, 2012.
"Do interest rates matter? Credit demand in the Dhaka slums,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 437-449.
- Dehejia, Rajeev & Montgomery, Heather & Morduch, Jonathan, 2005. "Do interest rates matter? credit demand in the Dhaka Slums," MPRA Paper 33146, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sharma, Manohar & Zeller, Manfred, 2000. "Rural financial services for poverty alleviation," MP05 briefs 7, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dean Karlan & Jonathan Zinman, 2005. "Elasticities of Demand for Consumer Credit," Working Papers 926, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Annim, Samuel Kobina, 2009.
"Sensitivity of loan size to lending rates: Evidence from Ghana’s microfinance sector,"
21280, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Samuel Kobina Annim, 2011. "Sensitivity of Loan Size to Lending Rates Evidence from Ghana’s Microfinance Sector," WIDER Working Paper Series 003, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
Keywordscredit demand; interest elasticity; rural credit; credit policy; Philippines; Asia;
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2007-12-08 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-12-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-MFD-2007-12-08 (Microfinance)
- NEP-SEA-2007-12-08 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:6044. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .