The Linkage Between Lis And Rbv For Sustained Competitive Advantage: An Integrated Conceptual Model
An important factor that guarantees a persistent competitive advantage is the sustainability of the firm’s capabilities or their core competences. These capabilities should form the basic support of firm’s strategy. Several authors point out the importance of the information systems (IS) for firm competitive advantage. The main tenet of this paper is to define a coherent theoretical framework of reference which will lead to a broader understanding of the relationship between Logistics Information Systems (LIS) and RBV in an integrating conceptual model for gaining and sustaining competitive advantages of firms. The paper argues that most failures of firms can be attributed to the fact that resources and capabilities of firms were either not existing or not addresses correctly. Neglecting IS linkage to resources and capabilities is one main reason for the failure. In this sense, a precondition for a sustained competitive advantage is to admit LIS as specific source of firms’ distinctive competences.
|Date of creation:||07 Nov 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chandler, Gaylen N. & Hanks, Steven H., 1994. "Market attractiveness, resource-based capabilities, venture strategies, and venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 331-349, July.
- Bendoly, Elliot, 2007. "Resource enablement modeling: Implications for studying the diffusion of technology," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(2), pages 537-553, June.
- K.L. Choy & Henry C.W. Lau & S.K. Kwok & Stuart C.K. So & K.H. Chow & W.B. Lee, 2007. "Using radio frequency identification technology in distribution management: a case study on third-party logistics," International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 10(1), pages 19-40.
- Jay B. Barney, 1986. "Strategic Factor Markets: Expectations, Luck, and Business Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1231-1241, October.
- S.A. Lippman & R.P. Rumelt, 1982. "Uncertain Imitability: An Analysis of Interfirm Differences in Efficiency under Competition," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 418-438, Autumn.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5648. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.