الإنفاق العمومي والإستثمار الخاص اختبار أثر المزاحمة عبر المعاينة المعادة
[Public Spending and Private Investment: Test of Crowding-out Effects through Re-sampling]
The purpose of this research is to test and evaluate the crowding-out effect of the investment expenditure in public sector on the investment effort by private sector by using data from Moroccan Economy. After the theoretical background of crowding-out effects in many domains of investment, we introduce the interests variables which express the budget policy of a government and monetary policy of the central bank, and shows the global effective demand addressed to economy. This requires the improvement of a likelihood private investment model and the specification of its shape from a Box-Cox transformation by using the weight average test LM. It has become clear that in the long run term the push effect dominates the crowding-out effect and this leads to a little increase in the elasticity of private investment reaches 0.06%. We have used the bootstrapping methodology to check the signs and the values of crowding-out parameters. Among the main causes which explain this small effect are the investors’ behaviour and their reactions vis-à-vis the real economic data and growth expectation, the nature of national and foreign markets of products and their competitiveness, and the nature and situation of finance market and banks, which has put, some extent, Moroccan economy into a “trap of liquidity” especially during the last few years.
|Date of creation:||05 Feb 2002|
|Date of revision:||03 Dec 2002|
|Publication status:||Published in Public Administration Journal 4.43(2003): pp. 727-754|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ghassan, Hassan B., 2003.
"Relations de Long Terme entre Investissement, Déficit Extérieur et Autofinancement sur un Panel Sectoriel
[Long Run Relationships between Investment, Trade Deficit and Cash-Flow: Evidence from Sect," MPRA Paper 56423, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Sep 2003.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989.
"Does public capital crowd out private capital?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 171-188, September.
- Erenburg, S. J. & Wohar, Mark E., 1995. "Public and private investment: Are there causal linkages?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-30.
- Christophe Hurlin, 1999. "La contribution du capital public à la productivité des facteurs privés : une estimation sur panel sectoriel pour dix pays de l'OCDE," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 137(1), pages 49-65.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988.
"Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages S103-26, October.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- H. Ahmed & SM. Miller, 2000.
"Crowding-out and crowding-in effects of the components of government expenditure,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(1), pages 124-133, 01.
- Habib Ahmed & Stephen M. Miller, 1999. "Crowding-Out and Crowding-In Effects of the Components of Government Expenditure," Working papers 1999-02, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Lutkepohl, Helmut & Reimers, Hans-Eggert, 1992. "Granger-causality in cointegrated VAR processes The case of the term structure," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 263-268, November.
- Elliott, Graham & Rothenberg, Thomas J & Stock, James H, 1996.
"Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 813-36, July.
- Tom Doan, . "ERSTEST: RATS procedure to perform Elliott-Rothenberg-Stock unit root tests," Statistical Software Components RTS00066, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, . "GLSDETREND: RATS procedure to perform local to unity GLS detrending," Statistical Software Components RTS00077, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Graham Elliott & Thomas J. Rothenberg & James H. Stock, 1992. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," NBER Technical Working Papers 0130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mario I. Blejer & Mohsin S. Khan, 1984. "Government Policy and Private Investment in Developing Countries (Politique des pouvoirs publics et investissement privÃ© dans les pays en dÃ©veloppement) (PolÃtica estatal e inversiÃ³n privada en lo," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 31(2), pages 379-403, June.
- Davidson , R. & Mackinnon, J.G., 1985.
"Implicit alternatives and the local power of test statistics,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1985025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1987. "Implicit Alternatives and the Local Power of Test Statistics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1305-29, November.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1984. "Implicit Alternatives and the Local Power of Test Statistics," Working Papers 556, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Isabel Argimon & Jose Gonzalez-Paramo & Jose Roldan, 1997. "Evidence of public spending crowding-out from a panel of OECD countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(8), pages 1001-1010.
- Russell Davidson & James MacKinnon, 2000.
"Bootstrap tests: how many bootstraps?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 55-68.
- Voss, Graham M., 2002. "Public and private investment in the United States and Canada," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 641-664, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:56381. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.