Analysis of Short-Term Asset Concentration in Islamic Banking
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John L. Evans & Stephen H. Archer, 1968. "Diversification And The Reduction Of Dispersion: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(5), pages 761-767, December.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1971. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(1), pages 30-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Bashir, B. A., 1983. "Portfolio management of islamic banks : `Certainty model'," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 339-354, September.
- Kahane, Yehuda, 1977. "Capital adequacy and the regulation of financial intermediaries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 207-218, October.
- Koehn, Michael & Santomero, Anthony M, 1980. " Regulation of Bank Capital and Portfolio Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(5), pages 1235-1244, December.
- Abbas Mirakhor & Mohsin S. Khan, 1991. "Islamic Banking," IMF Working Papers 91/88, International Monetary Fund.
- Lester G. Telser, 1955. "Safety First and Hedging," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 1-16.
- Michaelsen, Jacob B. & Goshay, Robert C., 1967. "Portfolio Selection in Financial Intermediaries: A New Approach," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(02), pages 166-199, June.
- Babcock, Guilford C, 1972. "A Note on Justifying Beta as a Measure of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(3), pages 699-702, June.
- John Lintner, 1965. "Security Prices, Risk, And Maximal Gains From Diversification," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 20(4), pages 587-615, December.
- Santomero, Anthony M & Watson, Ronald D, 1977. "Determining an Optimal Capital Standard for the Banking Industry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1267-1282, September.
- Samuelson, Paul A., 1967. "General Proof that Diversification Pays," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 1-13, March.
- Morgan, George Emir, 1984. "On the Adequacy of Bank Capital Regulation," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 141-162, June.
- Oliver D. Hart & Dwight M. Jaffee, 1974. "On the Application of Portfolio Theory to Depository Financial Intermediaries," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 129-147.
- Blair, Roger D & Heggestad, Arnold A, 1978. "Bank Portfolio Regulation and the Probability of Bank Failure: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 10(1), pages 88-93, February.
- Santomero, Anthony M, 1984. "Modeling the Banking Firm: A Survey," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 576-602, November.
- Shapiro, Alan C., 1982. "Risk in International Banking," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(05), pages 727-739, December.
- George J. Stigler, 1967. "Imperfections in the Capital Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 287-287.
- Black, Fischer, 1972. "Capital Market Equilibrium with Restricted Borrowing," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(3), pages 444-455, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hassan, M. Kabir & Farhat, Joseph & Al-Zu'Bi, Bashir, 2003.
"Dividend Signaling Hypothesis And Short-Term Asset Concentration Of Islamic Interest-Free Banking,"
Islamic Economic Studies,
The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 11, pages 2-30.
- Joseph Farhat & M. Kabir Hassan & Bashir Al-Zu'bi, 2002. "Dvidend Signaling Hypothesis and Short-Term Asset Concentration of Islamic Interest-free Banking," Working Papers 0221, Economic Research Forum, revised 18 Jul 2002.
- Giorgio Gomel & Angelo Cicogna & Domenico De Falco & Marco Valerio Della Penna & Lorenzo Di Bona De Sarzana & Angela Di Maria & Patrizia Di Natale & Alessandra Freni & Sergio Masciantonio & Giacomo Od, 2010. "Islamic finance and conventional financial systems. Market trends, supervisory perspectives and implications for central banking activity," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 73, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic banking; short-term assets; profit-sharing;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- P44 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - National Income, Product, and Expenditure; Money; Inflation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:56029. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .