Islamic finance and conventional financial systems. Market trends, supervisory perspectives and implications for central banking activity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2003.
"People's opium? Religion and economic attitudes,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 225-282, January.
- Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2002. "People's Opium? Religion and Economic Attitudes," CEPR Discussion Papers 3588, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2002. "People's Opium? Religion and Economic Attitudes," NBER Working Papers 9237, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kangni Kpodar & Patrick Imam, 2010. "Islamic Banking: How Has it Diffused?," Post-Print halshs-00669673, HAL.
- Luca Errico & Mitra Farahbaksh, 1998. "Islamic Banking; Issues in Prudential Regulations and Supervision," IMF Working Papers 98/30, International Monetary Fund.
- Livio Pauletto, 2005. "Lo sviluppo della pratica finanziaria islamica nel contesto delle istituzioni occidentali," Banca Impresa Società, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 141-141.
- Andreas Jobst & Peter Kunzel & Paul Mills & Amadou Sy, 2008.
"Islamic bond issuance: what sovereign debt managers need to know,"
International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(4), pages 330-344, November.
- Amadou N Sy & Peter J Kunzel & Paul S. Mills & Andreas Jobst, 2008. "Islamic Bond Issuance; What Sovereign Debt Managers Need to Know," IMF Policy Discussion Papers 08/3, International Monetary Fund.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1985. "The Simple Macroeconomics of Profit Sharing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(5), pages 937-953, December.
- Hasan, Zubair, 1985. "Determination of Profit and Loss Sharing Ratios in Interest-Free Business Finance," MPRA Paper 3013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- International Monetary Fund, 1998. "The Design of Instruments for Government Finance in an Islamic Economy," IMF Working Papers 98/54, International Monetary Fund.
- Haque, Nadeem ul & Mirakhor, Abbas, 1999. "The Design of Instruments For Government Finance in An Islamic Economy," MPRA Paper 56028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mirakhor, Abbas, 1987. "Analysis of Short-Term Asset Concentration in Islamic Banking," MPRA Paper 56029, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jemma Dridi & Maher Hasan, 2010. "The Effects of the Global Crisison Islamic and Conventional Banks; A Comparative Study," IMF Working Papers 10/201, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 1998. "Monetary Operations and Government Debt Management Under Islamic Banking," IMF Working Papers 98/144, International Monetary Fund.
- Faezeh Raei & Selim Cakir, 2007. "Sukuk vs. Eurobonds; Is There a Difference in Value-at-Risk?," IMF Working Papers 07/237, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2002. "Islamic Financial Institutions and Products in the Global Financial System; Key Issues in Risk Management and Challenges Ahead," IMF Working Papers 02/192, International Monetary Fund.
- Mohsin S. Khan, 1986. "Islamic Interest-Free Banking: A Theoretical Analysis (Le systÃ¨me bancaire islamique: analyse thÃ©orique d'un systÃ¨me qui ne fait pas appel Ã l'intÃ©rÃªt) (La prohibiciÃ³n islÃ¡mica de los intereses," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 33(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Andreas Jobst, 2007. "The Economics of Islamic Finance and Securitization," IMF Working Papers 07/117, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic finance; Islamic financial institutions; supervision; monetary policy instrments; payment systems;
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- F39 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Other
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2010-11-20 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CBA-2010-11-20 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CWA-2010-11-20 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EEC-2010-11-20 (European Economics)
- NEP-MON-2010-11-20 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:opques:qef_73_10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdigvit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.