Bank level stability factors and consumer confidence – a comparative study of Islamic and conventional banks’ product mix
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ito, Takatoshi & Sasaki, Yuri Nagataki, 2002.
"Impacts of the Basle Capital Standard on Japanese Banks' Behavior,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 372-397, September.
- Takatoshi Ito & Yuri Nagatake Sasaki, 1998. "Impacts of the Basle Capital Standard on Japanese Banks' Behavior," NBER Working Papers 6730, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takatoshi Ito & Yuri Nagataki Sasaki, 1998. "Impacts of the Basle Capital Standard on Japanese Banks' Behavior," Discussion Paper Series a356, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Andreas Jobst, 2007. "The Economics of Islamic Finance and Securitization," IMF Working Papers 07/117, International Monetary Fund.
- Koehn, Michael & Santomero, Anthony M, 1980. " Regulation of Bank Capital and Portfolio Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(5), pages 1235-1244, December.
- Abbas Mirakhor & Mohsin S. Khan, 1991. "Islamic Banking," IMF Working Papers 91/88, International Monetary Fund.
- Blum, Jurg, 1999. "Do capital adequacy requirements reduce risks in banking?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 755-771, May.
- Marshall, David A. & Prescott, Edward Simpson, 2001.
"Bank capital regulation with and without state-contingent penalties,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 139-184, June.
- David A. Marshall & Edward Simpson Prescott, 2000. "Bank capital regulation with and without state-contingent penalties," Working Paper Series WP-00-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- El-Hawary & Dahlia & Grais, Wafik & Iqbal, Zamir, 2004. "Regulating islamic financial institutions : The nature of the regulated," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3227, The World Bank.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1992. "Capital requirements and the behaviour of commercial banks," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1137-1170, June.
- Pyle, David H, 1971. "On the Theory of Financial Intermediation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 26(3), pages 737-747, June.
- Martin Cihak & Simon Wolfe & Klaus Schaeck, 2006. "Are More Competitive Banking Systems More Stable?," IMF Working Papers 06/143, International Monetary Fund.
- Kim, Daesik & Santomero, Anthony M, 1988. " Risk in Banking and Capital Regulation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(5), pages 1219-1233, December.
- Martin Cihak & Heiko Hesse, 2007. "Cooperative Banks and Financial Stability," IMF Working Papers 07/2, International Monetary Fund.
- Luca Errico & Mitra Farahbaksh, 1998. "Islamic Banking; Issues in Prudential Regulations and Supervision," IMF Working Papers 98/30, International Monetary Fund.
- Oliver D. Hart & Dwight M. Jaffee, 1974. "On the Application of Portfolio Theory to Depository Financial Intermediaries," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 129-147.
- Giovanni Ferri & Tae Soo Kang, 1999. "The Credit Channel at Work: Lessons from the Financial Crisis in Korea," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 28(2), pages 195-221, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Talla M Aldeehani, 2016. "Has the risk index of Islamic banks and conventional banks in GCC countries changed in response to the 2008 economic crisis?," Journal of Economic and Financial Studies (JEFS), LAR Center Press, vol. 4(4), pages 20-33, August.
- Alqahtani, Faisal & Mayes, David G. & Brown, Kym, 2017. "Reprint of Economic turmoil and Islamic banking: Evidence from the Gulf Cooperation Council," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 113-125.
- Alqahtani, Faisal & Mayes, David G. & Brown, Kym, 2016. "Economic turmoil and Islamic banking: Evidence from the Gulf Cooperation Council," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 44-56.
- Naseem Bakht Yar & Bakht Yar Akhtar & Irfanullah Khan & Saqib Khan, 2014. "The Application of Religious Appeal in the Strategic Marketing Communication of Financial Services in Pakistan for "Consumer Manipulation”," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 4(2), pages 88-99, February.
More about this item
KeywordsBank stability; consumer confidence; depositors’ discipline; Islamic banks; Gulf Cooperating Countries;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2010-06-04 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2010-06-04 (Central & Western Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21800. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .