An Econometric Approach of Computing Competitiveness Index in Human Capital
The aim of this paper is to provide methodology of estimating one of the components (pillar) of the Global Competitiveness Index (GCI), health and primary education (HPE) pillar for not included in the Global Competitiveness Report countries using conventional econometric techniques. Specifically, using the weighted least square and bootstrapping methods, we enable to compute the HPE for two countries of the former Soviet Union, Uzbekistan and Belarus and then compare the computed indices to the indices of other countries. This allows us to understand the current situation in human capital development in these two countries
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of Applied Economics and Business Research 1.3(2013): pp. 51-64|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Becker, Gary S & Murphy, Kevin M & Tamura, Robert, 1990.
"Human Capital, Fertility, and Economic Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 12-37, October.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy & Robert F. Tamura, 1990. "Human Capital, Fertility, and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3414, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy & Robert Tamura, "undated". "Human Capital, Fertility, and Economic Growth," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 90-5a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Peter Lorentzen & John McMillan & Romain Wacziarg, 2005.
"Death and Development,"
NBER Working Papers
11620, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Becker, Gary S & Lewis, H Gregg, 1973. "On the Interaction between the Quantity and Quality of Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages 279-288, Part II, .
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:55273. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.