Market Disciplining Role of Crisis on the Restructuring of the Turkish Banking Sector
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ahmet Faruk Aysan & Sanli Pinar Ceyhan, 2007. "Market Disciplining Role of Crises on The Restructuring of the Turkish Banking Sector," Working Papers 2007/18, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ilko Naaborg & Bert Scholtens & Jakob de Haan & Hanneke Bol & Ralph de Haas, 2004.
"How Important are Foreign Banks in the Financial Development of European Transition Countries?,"
Journal of Emerging Market Finance,
Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 3(2), pages 99-123, August.
- Ilko Naaborg & Bert Scholtens & Jakob de Haan & Hanneke Bol & Ralph de Haas, 2003. "How Important are Foreign Banks in the Financial Development of European Transition Countries?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1100, CESifo Group Munich.
- Isik, Ihsan & Kabir Hassan, M., 2003. "Financial deregulation and total factor productivity change: An empirical study of Turkish commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1455-1485, August.
- Canan Yildirim, 2002. "Evolution of banking efficiency within an unstable macroeconomic environment: the case of Turkish commercial banks," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(18), pages 2289-2301.
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2005.
"Bank performance, efficiency and ownership in transition countries,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 31-53, January.
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2004. "Bank performance, efficiency and ownership in transition countries," BOFIT Discussion Papers 7/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Oulton,Nicholas & O'Mahony,Mary, 1994. "Productivity and Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521453455.
- Isik, Ihsan & Hassan, M. Kabir, 2002. "Technical, scale and allocative efficiencies of Turkish banking industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 719-766, April.
- Osman Zaim, 1995. "The Effect of Financial Liberalizationon the Efficiency of Turkish Commercial Banks," Working Papers 9505, Department of Economics, Bilkent University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mihai Macovei, 2009. "Growth and economic crises in Turkey: leaving behind a turbulent past?," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 386, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Aysan, Ahmet Faruk & Ceyhan, Şanli Pinar, 2008.
"What determines the banking sector performance in globalized financial markets? The case of Turkey,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 387(7), pages 1593-1602.
- Ahmet Faruk Aysan & Sanli Pinar Ceyhan, 2007. "What Determines the Banking Sector Performance in Globalized Financial Markets: The Case of Turkey?," Working Papers 2007/21, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Aysan, Ahmet Faruk & Ceyhan, Sanli Pinar, 2007. "What Determines the Banking Sector Performance in Globalized Financial Markets: The Case of Turkey?," MPRA Paper 5495, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahmet Faruk Aysan & Ali Gunes & Osman Furkan Abbasoglu, 2007.
"Concentration, Competition, Efficiency and Profitability of the Turkish Banking Sector in the Post-Crises Period,"
2007/20, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Abbasoğlu, Osman Furkan & Aysan, Ahmet Faruk & Gunes, Ali, 2007. "Concentration, Competition, Efficiency and Profitability of the Turkish Banking Sector in the Post-Crises Period," MPRA Paper 5494, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsTurkish Banking Sector; Data Envelopment Analysis; Efficiency; Productivity; Post-Crises Period;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2007-11-03 (Banking)
- NEP-CWA-2007-11-03 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EFF-2007-11-03 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-MAC-2007-11-03 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5492. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.