Crisis, Marxism, and Economic Laws: A Response to Gary Mongiovi
This is a pre-publication version of the article by the same name that was published in Research in Political Economy and should be cited as “Alan Freeman (2011), Crisis, Marxism, and Economic Laws: A Response to Gary Mongiovi, in Paul Zarembka, Radhika Desai (ed.) Revitalizing Marxist Theory for Today's Capitalism (Research in Political Economy, Volume 27), Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp.285-296” It responds to Gary Mongiovi’s article in the same issue (Mongiovi 2011) which, in turn, responded to my article ‘Crisis and “law of motion” in economics: a critique of positivist Marxism’ (Freeman 2010c) in RiPE issue 26, a pre-publication version of which can be found on REPEC at http://ideas.repec.org/p/pra/mprapa/48619.html.
|Date of creation:||17 Jun 2011|
|Date of revision:||05 May 2011|
|Publication status:||Published in Research in Political Economy 27 (2011): pp. 285-296|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Freeman, Alan, 2002. "Marx After Marx After Sraffa," MPRA Paper 2619, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freeman, Alan, 2003. "When Things Go Wrong: the Political Economy of Market Breakdown," MPRA Paper 5586, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freeman, Alan, 2006. "An Invasive Metaphor: the Concept of Centre of Gravity in Economics," MPRA Paper 6812, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alan Freeman, 2009. "The Economists of Tomorrow: the Case for a Pluralist Subject Benchmark Statement for Economics," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 8(2), pages 23-40.
- Wells, Julian, 2006. "The dogs that didn’t bark: Marx and Engels and statistical fatalism," MPRA Paper 65215, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freeman, Alan, 2010. "Trends in Value Theory since 1881," MPRA Paper 48646, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Jan 2011.
- Freeman, Alan, 2009. "How much is enough?," MPRA Paper 13262, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freeman, Alan, 1999. "The limits of Ricardian value: law, contingency and motion in economics," MPRA Paper 2574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freeman, Alan, 2009. "Marxism without Marx: a note towards a critique," MPRA Paper 48618, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 Nov 2009.
- Freeman, Alan, 2009. "Investing In Civilization," MPRA Paper 26807, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Feb 2009.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:52538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.