Crisis, Marxism, and Economic Laws: A Response to Gary Mongiovi
This is a pre-publication version of the article by the same name that was published in Research in Political Economy and should be cited as “Alan Freeman (2011), Crisis, Marxism, and Economic Laws: A Response to Gary Mongiovi, in Paul Zarembka, Radhika Desai (ed.) Revitalizing Marxist Theory for Today's Capitalism (Research in Political Economy, Volume 27), Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp.285-296” It responds to Gary Mongiovi’s article in the same issue (Mongiovi 2011) which, in turn, responded to my article ‘Crisis and “law of motion” in economics: a critique of positivist Marxism’ (Freeman 2010c) in RiPE issue 26, a pre-publication version of which can be found on REPEC at http://ideas.repec.org/p/pra/mprapa/48619.html.
|Date of creation:||17 Jun 2011|
|Date of revision:||05 May 2011|
|Publication status:||Published in Research in Political Economy 27 (2011): pp. 285-296|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Freeman, Alan, 2010. "Trends in Value Theory since 1881," MPRA Paper 48646, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Jan 2011.
- Freeman, Alan, 2002. "Marx After Marx After Sraffa," MPRA Paper 2619, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freeman, Alan, 2009. "Marxism without Marx: a note towards a critique," MPRA Paper 48618, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 Nov 2009.
- Freeman, Alan, 1999. "The limits of Ricardian value: law, contingency and motion in economics," MPRA Paper 2574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freeman, Alan, 2003. "When Things Go Wrong: the Political Economy of Market Breakdown," MPRA Paper 5586, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alan Freeman, 2009. "The Economists of Tomorrow: the Case for a Pluralist Subject Benchmark Statement for Economics," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 8(2), pages 23-40.
- Freeman, Alan, 2009. "Investing In Civilization," MPRA Paper 26807, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Feb 2009.
- Wells, Julian, 2006. "The dogs that didn’t bark: Marx and Engels and statistical fatalism," MPRA Paper 65215, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freeman, Alan, 2009. "How much is enough?," MPRA Paper 13262, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freeman, Alan, 2006. "An Invasive Metaphor: the Concept of Centre of Gravity in Economics," MPRA Paper 6812, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:52538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.