Trends in Value Theory since 1881
Abstract: This is a prepublication version of an article which originally appeared in the World Review of Political Economy. Please cite as Freeman, A. 2010. ‘Trends in Value Theory since 1881’, World Review of Political Economy Volume 1 No. 4, Fall 2010. pp567-605. The article surveys the key ideas and currents of thinking about Marx’s value theory since he died. It does so by studying their evolution, in their historical context, through the lens of the Temporal Single System Interpretation (TSSI) of Marx’s ideas, an approach to Marx’s theory of value which has secured significant attention in recent years. The article explains the TSSI and highlights the milestones which led to the evolution of its key concepts.
|Date of creation:||07 Dec 2010|
|Date of revision:||04 Jan 2011|
|Publication status:||Published in World Review of Political Economy 4.1(2010): pp. 567-605|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Freeman, Alan, 1996. "Price, value and profit – a continuous, general, treatment," MPRA Paper 1290, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michele I. Naples, 1985. "Dynamic Adjustment and Long-Run Inflation in a Marxian Model," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 8(1), pages 97-112, October.
- Freeman, Alan & Kliman, Andrew, 2008. "Simultaneous Valuation vs. the Exploitation Theory of Profit: A summing up," MPRA Paper 6891, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freeman, Alan, 1995. "Marx without Equilibrium," MPRA Paper 1207, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521443258 is not listed on IDEAS
- Glick, Mark & Ehrbar, Hans G, 1987. "The Transformation Problem: An Obituary," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(49), pages 294-317, December.
- Volodymyr Ryaboshlyk, 2006. "A dynamic input-output model with explicit new and old technologies: an application to the UK," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 183-203.
- Richard D. Wolff & Bruce Roberts & Antonino Callari, 1982. "Marx's (not Ricardo's) ‘Transformation Problem’: A Radical Reconceptualization," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 564-582, Winter.
- Marshall, Alfred, 1890.
"The Principles of Economics,"
History of Economic Thought Books,
McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number marshall1890.
- Mohun, Simon & Veneziani, Roberto, 2006. "The incoherence of the TSSI," MPRA Paper 30451, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Samuel Hollander, 1981. "Marxian Economics as ‘General Equilibrium’ Theory," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 121-155, Spring.
- Lee, Chai-on, 1993. "Marx's Labour Theory of Value Revisited," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 463-78, December.
- Kliman, Andrew & Freeman, Alan, 2006. "Replicating Marx: a Reply to Mohun," MPRA Paper 6890, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:48646. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.