Price, value and profit – a continuous, general, treatment
This text comprises chapter 13 of Marx and non-equilibrium Economics. It provides a general mathematical specification of a non-equilibrium interpretation of Marx’s theory of value. It refutes the Okishio theorem and solves the transformation problem. It is a foundation work of scholarship within the TSSI (temporal single-system interpretation) of Marx. It specifies temporal values within a continuous-time framework as opposed to a discrete-time framework, and shows how to pass from discrete or serial time (difference equation, sequential) formalisations to continuous (differential equation, temporal) formalisations of the conservation of value.  Freeman, A. and Carchedi, G. (eds) (1996), Marx and Non-Equilibrium Economics, pp1-29. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar. ISBN 1 85898 268 5.
|Date of creation:||Apr 1996|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Marx and Non-Equilibrium Economics (book) (1996): pp. 180-233|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harcourt,G. C., 1972.
"Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521096720, Junio.
- Harcourt, G C, 1969. "Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 369-405, June.
- Michele I. Naples, 1985. "Dynamic Adjustment and Long-Run Inflation in a Marxian Model," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 8(1), pages 97-112, October.
- Duncan K. Foley, 1982. "The Value of Money the Value of Labor Power and the Marxian Transformation Problem," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 14(2), pages 37-47, June.
- Hodgson, Geoff M, 1981. "Money and the Sraffa System," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(36), pages 83-95, June.
- Morgenstern, Oskar, 1972. "Thirteen Critical Points in Contemporary Economic Theory: An Interpretation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 1163-89, December.
- JosÃ© Alberro & Joseph Persky & JosÃ© Alberro & Joseph Persky, 1981. "The Dynamics of Fixed Capital Revaluation and Scrapping," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 13(2), pages 32-37, July.
- Glick, Mark & Ehrbar, Hans G, 1987. "The Transformation Problem: An Obituary," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(49), pages 294-317, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.