Price, value and profit – a continuous, general, treatment
This text comprises chapter 13 of Marx and non-equilibrium Economics. It provides a general mathematical specification of a non-equilibrium interpretation of Marx’s theory of value. It refutes the Okishio theorem and solves the transformation problem. It is a foundation work of scholarship within the TSSI (temporal single-system interpretation) of Marx. It specifies temporal values within a continuous-time framework as opposed to a discrete-time framework, and shows how to pass from discrete or serial time (difference equation, sequential) formalisations to continuous (differential equation, temporal) formalisations of the conservation of value.  Freeman, A. and Carchedi, G. (eds) (1996), Marx and Non-Equilibrium Economics, pp1-29. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar. ISBN 1 85898 268 5.
|Date of creation:||Apr 1996|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hodgson, Geoff M, 1981. "Money and the Sraffa System," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(36), pages 83-95, June.
- Michele I. Naples, 1985. "Dynamic Adjustment and Long-Run Inflation in a Marxian Model," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 8(1), pages 97-112, October.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521347754 is not listed on IDEAS
- Morgenstern, Oskar, 1972. "Thirteen Critical Points in Contemporary Economic Theory: An Interpretation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 1163-89, December.
- Glick, Mark & Ehrbar, Hans G, 1987. "The Transformation Problem: An Obituary," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(49), pages 294-317, December.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521096720 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.