The Psychopathology of Walrasian Marxism
This text comprises chapter 1 of Marx and non-equilibrium Economics. It specifies a non-equilibrium (temporal) interpretation of Marx’s theory of value which demonstrates a fully consistent transformation of values into prices and reproduces Marx’s tendential law of the falling profit rate. It seeks to explain why this approach to value is inaccessible to consciousness under present social relations, and why resistance to its acceptance has been particularly strong among Marxists.  Freeman, A. (1996b) ‘The psychopathology of Walrasian Marxism’, in Freeman, A.. and Carchedi, G. (eds) (1996), Marx and Non-Equilibrium Economics, pp1-29. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar. ISBN 1 85898 268 5.
|Date of creation:||1996|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- JosÃ© Alberro & Joseph Persky & JosÃ© Alberro & Joseph Persky, 1981. "The Dynamics of Fixed Capital Revaluation and Scrapping," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 13(2), pages 32-37, July.
- Morgenstern, Oskar, 1972. "Thirteen Critical Points in Contemporary Economic Theory: An Interpretation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 1163-89, December.
- Michele I. Naples, 1985. "Dynamic Adjustment and Long-Run Inflation in a Marxian Model," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 8(1), pages 97-112, October.
- Glick, Mark & Ehrbar, Hans G, 1987. "The Transformation Problem: An Obituary," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(49), pages 294-317, December.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521096720 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521347754 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hodgson, Geoff M, 1981. "Money and the Sraffa System," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(36), pages 83-95, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1539. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.