A Selective Review of Recent Quantitative Empirical Research in Marxist Political Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adalmir Marquetti, 2004. "Do Rising Real Wages Increase The Rate Of Labor-Saving Technical Change? Some Econometric Evidence," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 432-441, November.
- Deepankar Basu, 2010. "Marx-Biased Technical Change And The Neoclassical View Of Income Distribution," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(4), pages 593-620, November.
- Weisskopf, Thomas E, 1979. "Marxian Crisis Theory and the Rate of Profit in the Postwar U.S. Economy," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(4), pages 341-378, December.
- Deepankar Basu & Ramaa Vasudevan, 2013.
"Technology, distribution and the rate of profit in the US economy: understanding the current crisis,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 37(1), pages 57-89.
- Deepankar Basu & Ramaa Vasudevan, 2011. "Technology, Distribution and the Rate of Profit in the US Economy: Understanding the Current Crisis," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-32, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Richard D. Wolff & Bruce Roberts & Antonino Callari, 1982. "Marx's (not Ricardo's) ‘Transformation Problem’: A Radical Reconceptualization," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 564-582, Winter.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2002. "Values, prices of production and market prices: some more evidence from the Greek economy," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 359-369, May.
- F. Seton, 1957. "The "Transformation Problem"," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(3), pages 149-160.
- Steedman, Ian & Tomkins, Judith, 1998. "On Measuring the Deviation of Prices from Values," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 379-385, May.
- Cockshott, W Paul & Cottrell, Allin F, 1997. "Labour Time versus Alternative Value Bases: A Research Note," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 545-549, July.
- Henley, Andrew, 1987. "Labour's Shares and Profitability Crisis in the U.S.: Recent Experience and Post-war Trends," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 315-330, December.
- Simon Mohun, 2005. "On measuring the wealth of nations: the US economy, 1964–2001," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(5), pages 799-815, September.
- Simon Mohun, 2014. "Unproductive Labor in the U.S. Economy 1964-20101," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 46(3), pages 355-379, September.
- Petrovic, Pavle, 1987. "The Deviation of Production Prices from Labour Values: Some Methodology and Empirical Evidence," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 197-210, September.
- Simon Mohun, 2004. "The Labour Theory of Value as Foundation for Empirical Investigations," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 65-95, February.
- Dimitris Paitaridis & Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2012. "The Growth of Unproductive Activities, the Rate of Profit, and the Phase-Change of the U.S. Economy," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 44(2), pages 213-233, June.
- Thomas R. Michl, 1988. "The Two-Stage Decline in U.S. Nonfinancial Corporate Profitability, 1948-1986," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 20(4), pages 1-22, December.
More about this item
KeywordsMarxist political economy; national accounts; value controversy;
- B51 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Socialist; Marxian; Sraffian
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2015-04-02 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2015-04-02 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ums:papers:2015-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniele Girardi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deumaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.