Impact of Land Certification on Land Rental Market Participation in Tigray Region, Northern Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain, 2005.
"Measuring the poverty reduction potential of land in rural Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 27-51, June.
- Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain, 2002. "Measuring the Poverty Reduction Potential of Land in Rural Mexico," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6xg1q0dg, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Holden, Stein T. & Bezabih, Mintewab, 2006. "Tenure Insecurity, Transaction Costs in the Land Lease Market and their Implications for Gendered Productivity Differentials," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25273, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2005.
"Simple solutions to the initial conditions problem in dynamic, nonlinear panel data models with unobserved heterogeneity,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 39-54.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2002. "Simple solutions to the initial conditions problem in dynamic, nonlinear panel data models with unobserved heterogeneity," CeMMAP working papers CWP18/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2008. "Evaluating Anti-Poverty Programs," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Deininger, Klaus & Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Holden, Stein & Zevenbergen, Jaap, 2008.
"Rural Land Certification in Ethiopia: Process, Initial Impact, and Implications for Other African Countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1786-1812, October.
- Deininger, Klaus & Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Holden, Stein & Zevenbergen, Jaap, 2007. "Rural land certification in Ethiopia : process, initial impact, and implications for other African countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4218, The World Bank.
- John Pender & Marcel Fafchamps, 2006. "Land Lease Markets and Agricultural Efficiency in Ethiopia," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 15(2), pages 251-284, June.
- Teklu, Tesfaye & Lemi, Adugna, 2004. "Factors affecting entry and intensity in informal rental land markets in Southern Ethiopian highlands," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 117-128, March.
- Clive Bell & Chalongphob Sussangkarn, 1988. "Rationing and Adjustment in the Market for Tenancies: The Behavior of Landowning Households in Thanjavur District," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 70(4), pages 779-789.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Derek Stacey, 2011. "Tenure Insecurity, Adverse Selection, and Liquidity in Rural Land Markets," Working Papers 1269, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Gajigo, Ousman, 2015.
"Strengthening Economic Rights and Women’s Occupational Choice: The Impact of Reforming Ethiopia’s Family Law,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 260-273.
- Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Gajigo, Ousman, 2013. "Strengthening economic rights and women's occupational choice : the impact of reforming Ethiopia's family law," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6695, The World Bank.
- Sebastian Galiani & Ernesto Schargrodsky, 2011. "Land Property Rights and Resource Allocation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(S4), pages 329-345.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Pandolfelli, Lauren, 2010.
"Promising Approaches to Address the Needs of Poor Female Farmers: Resources, Constraints, and Interventions,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 581-592, April.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Pandolfelli, Lauren, 2009. "Promising approaches to address the needs of poor female farmers: Resources, constraints, and interventions," IFPRI discussion papers 882, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela & Johnson, Nancy & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Njuki, Jemimah & Behrman, Julia A. & Rubin, Deborah & Peterman, Amber & Waithanji, Elizabeth, 2011. "Gender, assets, and agricultural development programs: A conceptual framework:," CAPRi working papers 99, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ma, Xianlei & Heerink, Nico & van Ierlan, Ekko & Lang, Hairu & Shi, Xiaoping, 2015. "Impact of Tenure Security and Trust on Land Rental Market Development in Rural China," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212219, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kumar, Neha & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2015.
"Policy Reform toward Gender Equality in Ethiopia: Little by Little the Egg Begins to Walk,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 406-423.
- Kumar, Neha & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2012. "Policy reform toward gender equality in Ethiopia: Little by little the egg begins to walk," IFPRI discussion papers 1226, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kumar, Neha & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2012. "Policy reform toward gender equality in Ethiopia: Little by little the egg begins to walk," ESSP working papers 45, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gebru, Menasbo & Holden, Stein T. & Tilahun, Mesfin, 2017. "Can the land rental market facilitate smallholder commercialization? Evidence from northern Ethiopia," CLTS Working Papers 10/17, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Kumar, Neha, 2014. "Land rights knowledge and conservation in rural Ethiopia: Mind the gender gap:," IFPRI discussion papers 1386, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Behrman, Julia & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Quisumbing, Agnes, 2011.
"The gender implications of large-scale land deals:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1056, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Behrman, Julia A. & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2011. "The gender implications of large-scale land deals:," Policy briefs 17, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Markussen, Thomas, 2008. "Property Rights, Productivity, and Common Property Resources: Insights from Rural Cambodia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2277-2296, November.
- Stephen O'Neill & Kevin Hanrahan, 2010. "The importance of accounting for unobserved heterogeneity, state-dependence and differences in residual variances across groups: An application to Irish Farmers land market participation decisions," Working Papers 1005, Rural Economy and Development Programme,Teagasc.
More about this item
KeywordsLand certification; land rental market; panel data analysis; unobserved heterogeneity; household response; female-headed households;
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q24 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Land
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-10-13 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2007-10-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-10-13 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.