Trade Performance and Potential of the Philippines: An Application of Stochastic Frontier Gravity Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kalirajan, K P & Shand, R T, 1999. " Frontier Production Functions and Technical Efficiency Measures," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 149-172, April.
- Drysdale, Peter & Garnaut, Ross, 1982. "Trade Intensities and the Analysis of Bilateral Trade Flows in a Many-Country World : A Survey," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 22(2), pages 62-84, February.
- Kabir, Mahfuz & Salim, Ruhul, 2010. "Can Gravity Model Explain BIMSTEC’s Trade?," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 25, pages 144-166.
- Heejoon Kang & Michele Fratianni, 2006. "International Trade Efficiency, the Gravity Equation, and the Stochastic Frontier," Working Papers 2006-08, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Tomasz Brodzicki, 2009. "Extended Gravity Panel Data Model of Polish Foreign Trade," Working Papers of Economics of European Integration Division 0901, The Univeristy of Gdansk, Faculty of Economics, Economics of European Integration Division.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Shiro Armstrong & Peter Drysdale & Kaliappa Kalirajan, 2008. "Asian Trade Structures and Trade Potential : An Initial Analysis of South and East Asian Trade," EABER Working Papers 21753, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ekanayake, E. M. & Mukherjee, Amit, 2010. "Trade Blocks and the Gravity Model: A Study of Economic Integration among Asian Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 25, pages 627-643.
- Baier, Scott L. & Bergstrand, Jeffrey H., 2007.
"Do free trade agreements actually increase members' international trade?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 72-95, March.
- Scott L. Baier & Jeffrey H. Bergstrand, 2005. "Do free trade agreements actually increase members’ international trade?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2005-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Oleksandr Shepotylo, 2009. "Gravity with zeros: estimating trade potential of CIS countries," Discussion Papers 16, Kyiv School of Economics.
- Yongcheol Shin & Laura Serlenga, 2007. "Gravity models of intra-EU trade: application of the CCEP-HT estimation in heterogeneous panels with unobserved common time-specific factors," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 361-381.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xu Wang & Ryan P. Badman, 2016. "A Multifaceted Panel Data Gravity Model Analysis of Peru's Foreign Trade," Papers 1612.01155, arXiv.org.
- repec:taf:jocebs:v:15:y:2017:i:2:p:141-163 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xu WANG & Ryan P. BADMAN, 2016. "A Multifaceted Panel Data Gravity Model Analysis of Peru’s Foreign Trade," Turkish Economic Review, KSP Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 562-577, December.
More about this item
KeywordsMerchandise exports; Gravity; Stochastic; export potential; Philippine Trade;
- F0 - International Economics - - General
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- F47 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2013-12-06 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-INT-2013-12-06 (International Trade)
- NEP-SEA-2013-12-06 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:51677. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .