An empirical investigation of socio-economic resilience to natural disasters
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sanket Mohapatra & George Joseph & Dilip Ratha, 2012.
"Remittances and natural disasters: ex-post response and contribution to ex-ante preparedness,"
Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development,
Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 365-387, June.
- Mohapatra, Sanket & Joseph, George & Ratha, Dilip, 2009. "Remittances and natural disasters : ex-post response and contribution to ex-ante preparedness," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4972, The World Bank.
- Mahmud, Tanvir & Prowse, Martin, 2012. "Corruption in Cyclone Preparedness and Relief Efforts in Coastal Bangladesh: Lessons for Climate Adaptation?," IOB Working Papers 2012.04, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Neil Adger, W., 1999. "Social Vulnerability to Climate Change and Extremes in Coastal Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 249-269, February.
- van den Berg, Marrit, 2010. "Household income strategies and natural disasters: Dynamic livelihoods in rural Nicaragua," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 592-602, January.
More about this item
KeywordsState-and-transition model; socio-economic vulnerability; socio-economic resilience; natural disasters; tropical cyclone; Bangladesh;
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-10-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-10-11 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:50375. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .