The Impact of International Remittances on Income, Work Efforts, Poverty and Inequality: Evidence from Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yoko Niimi & Thai Hung Pham & Barry Reilly, 2009.
"Determinants of Remittances: Recent Evidence Using Data on Internal Migrants in Vietnam,"
Asian Economic Journal,
East Asian Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 19-39, March.
- Niimi, Yoko & Pham, Thai Hung & Reilly, Barry, 2008. "Determinants of remittances : recent evidence using data on internal migrants in Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4586, The World Bank.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5126 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Anyanwu & Andrew E. O. Erhijakpor, 2010. "Do International Remittances Affect Poverty in Africa?," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 22(1), pages 51-91.
- Rapoport, Hillel & Docquier, Frederic, 2006. "The Economics of Migrants' Remittances," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Cristina Cattaneo, 2009.
"International Migration, the Brain Drain and Poverty: A Cross‐country Analysis,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(8), pages 1180-1202, August.
- Cristina Cattaneo, 2008. "International Migration, the Brain Drain and Poverty:A Cross Country Analysis," KITeS Working Papers 212, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jan 2008.
- Richard H. Adams, 2006.
"International Remittances and the Household: Analysis and Review of Global Evidence,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 15(2), pages 396-425, December.
- Adams, Richard H. Jr., 2007. "International remittances and the household : analysis and review of global evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4116, The World Bank.
- Edgar R. Rodriguez, 1996. "International Migrants' Remittances in the Philippines," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(s1), pages 427-432, April.
- Cuong Nguyen Viet, 2008. "Do Foreign Remittances Matter to Poverty and Inequality? Evidence from Vietnam," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(1), pages 1-11.
- Jean-Paul Azam & Flore Gubert, 2006. "Migrants' Remittances and the Household in Africa: A Review of Evidence," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 15(2), pages 426-462, December.
- World Bank, 2008. "The Migration and Remittances Factbook 2008," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6383.
- Cox, Donald & Eser, Zekeriya & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1998.
"Motives for private transfers over the life cycle: An analytical framework and evidence for Peru,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 57-80, February.
- Donald Cox & Emmanuel Jimenez, 1993. "Motives For Private Transfers Over The Life Cycle: Analytical Framework And Evidence For Peru," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 245, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Donald Cox & Zekeriya Eser & Emmanuel Jimenez, 1996. "Motives for Private Transfers over the Life Cycle: An Analytical Framework and Evidence for Peru," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 327., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Alejandra Cox Edwards & Manuelita Ureta, 2003. "International Migration, Remittances, and Schooling: Evidence from El Salvador," NBER Working Papers 9766, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edgard R. Rodriguez & Susan Horton, 1995. "International Return Migration and Remittances in the Philippines," Working Papers horton-95-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nguyen, Cuong & Nguyen, Hoa, 2013. "Do Internal and International Remittances Matter to Health, Education and Labor of Children? The Case of Vietnam," MPRA Paper 48672, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nguyen, Cuong, 2012.
"Does Urbanization Help Poverty Reduction in Rural Areas?Evidence from a Developing Country,"
48660, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nguyen Viet Cuong, 2014. "Does Urbanization Help Poverty Reduction in Rural Areas? Evidence from a Developing Country," Working Papers 2014-178, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
More about this item
KeywordsRemittances; poverty; expenditure; income; household survey; Vietnam;
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:50313. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.